• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    FTSE 100 down 1% since opening

Come on tea leafs!

for the last 35 days FTSE is at the same level i.e. sideway , 6200
    Market is waiting for some big news to go either up or down

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      for the last 35 days FTSE is at the same level i.e. sideway , 6200
      Market is waiting for some big news to go either up or down
      Very little upside news and COVID is now rampant in the 2nd and 3rd world all we need is rumour it has mutated again and the vaccine is less effective...
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Very little upside news and COVID is now rampant in the 2nd and 3rd world all we need is rumour it has mutated again and the vaccine is less effective...
        As long as there’s a reasonable prospect of a vaccine, the markets won’t be going down much. When talks on the EU recovery fund finally succeed today or tomorrow, there will probably be another small leg up. Intraday movements of 1% are nothing in the current climate and scootie’s flagging one just reveals him to be a clueless cretin.

Comment

FTSE 100 down 1% since opening

Come on tea leafs!
          Centrica down 1.55% since opening

FTSE only down 0.3% now
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            As long as there’s a reasonable prospect of a vaccine, the markets won’t be going down much. When talks on the EU recovery fund finally succeed today or tomorrow, there will probably be another small leg up. Intraday movements of 1% are nothing in the current climate and scootie’s flagging one just reveals him to be a clueless cretin.
            It's not much of a revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
              All it takes is one successful Russian hack and a few small alteration on trials data to be leaked on ZH - short market before that and tens of billions can be made

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Centrica down 1.55% since opening

Or... Centrica up 20% since taking a position!!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Everyone is so focused on the pandemic.... lovely.

More important to the economy than the outcome of the virus:

1) Record number of unemployed workers in the US.

2) 28-30 million citizens in the US will no longer receive rental assistance in 10-days time opening the way for landlords to carry out evictions before they themselves go bankrupt.

3) Hong Kong sanctions - the UK response is at best limp and at worst last week's pizza now half eaten by the cat. Now the US is firmly written off HK as an independent. HSBC collapse in the post.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bearing in mind the growth in nearly all stocks from the initial dip I'd say 20% is pretty crap TBH. And bearing it's been pretty difficult to make less than 20% it's hardly a flag to be waving.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ooh, FTSE up 20% since I took my position. (well, I have funds across multiple markets but my 6 figures have gone up 20%)

So, what you're saying is, a major stock on the FTSE is tracking the overall market (and vice-versa). You've bet on this single stock doubling in value, and yet at the same time betting that the market that this single stock has an influence on will drop like a brick.

Do you see where your logic is flawed? The chances of Centrica going up 100% whilst at the same time the FTSE dropping through the floor are low to zero purely because Centrica is part of the FTSE.

You need more graphs
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X