• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Was even less of a return against the pound between Feb 09 to Sep 2010 @ 18%

Look you've been ripped a new one. Caught with your pants down. Suck it up.

Gold price 9/02/2009 - £599 Gold Prices - British Pounds (GBP) - February 2009
    Gold price 30/12/2010 - £911 Gold Prices - British Pounds (GBP) - December 2010

£911 is 52% higher than £599, Plenty of room there to make a 42% profit, even with storage fees.

Now, tell me that inflation wiped that out, or perhaps give me another reason why that wasn't an investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Gold price 9/02/2009 - £599
      Gold price 30/12/2010 - £911

£911 is 52% higher than £599, Plenty of room there to make a 42% profit, even with storage fees.

Now, tell me that inflation wiped that out, or perhaps give me another reason why that wasn't an investment.

So not September 2010 but December. Nice. i.e. nice gain or nice we can change the dates to suit the claim.

You'd put Chris Grayling out of a job with calculations like that.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Years not quite correct - I checked. Bought Feb 2009 and sold Sep to Dec 2010. Made 42% profit (GBP denominated). Pooper can explain why that wasn't an investment / was an awful investment / the profits got eaten up by inflation.
        Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        So not September 2010 but December. Nice. i.e. nice gain or nice we can change the dates to suit the claim.

You'd put Chris Grayling out of a job with calculations like that.
        What is wrong with you?

Oh, and welcome to your new arsehole. I hope it settles in well with your others.

Comment

What is wrong with you?
          I tried to leave this thread, but it is compelling viewing, kind of like watching car crashes on youtube.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Or those medical documentaries where they remove 90% of someone's brain and they can still function at a basic level.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              Or those medical documentaries where they remove 90% of someone's brain and they can still function at a basic level.
              Pooper is Miracle Mike. Mike the Headless Chicken - Wikipedia

Comment

What is wrong with you?

Oh, and welcome to your new arsehole. I hope it settles in well with your others.
                He's gone quiet as he's trying to find a way where even though you're right, he can claim you're wrong

I smell a graph being drawn
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  He's gone quiet as he's trying to find a way where even though you're right, he can claim you're wrong

I smell a graph being drawn
                  I’m hoping it’s a graph against inflation to show how profits were eaten by inflation.

Comment

What is wrong with you?

If you were selling in September you were selling into a rising price until December. Here's the chart again ending in December at the best price from the best price in February 09, in GBP, the best you could have done from valley to peak was 31%.

Keep digging...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

That's no way to talk about leave voters.

Comment

Working...
                      X