• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just say I'm not comfortable executing a single buy in with 5% of portfolio. I'm 99% certain anyone here would be the same.

Pearson for example I'm 0.5% so far bought in and I really don't care about the £40 or thereabouts in HL charges me for the trade/confirmation of order .
    Last edited by scooterscot; 9 November 2020, 19:48.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The fact so many here fret when the HL platform goes down during a market rally or dump tells me many of the market participants are indeed day traders / or retail investors without a strategy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        w.r.t equities I said you'd be mad to be buying them right now, they are very overbought. Individual stocks however are a different kettle of fish, I know probably most on here invest via a fund within a certain asset class.

You find me that post I denied it. Good grief you lot are paranoid. The only reason I know it to be otherwise is because of the share certificate I received in the post from HL recently. I'm not yet finished with the purchase. As I said earlier I cost average in. If you're working with a smaller portfolio you might use a different strategy, but really scale should not be a factor.
        WTF is it 1980 again?

Even as a comedic troll here, you're getting boring now Scoots - evolve, or just leave.

Comment

not certifica, I meant order confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            not certifica, I meant order confirmation
            Wot, they are still using pigeon mail for it?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              But you are working with a large portfolio?
              In Excel
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                In Excel
                He is probably using Lotus 1-2-3

Comment

He's clutching at straws now trying to back up his lies ..... doesn't even know how trades are confirmed

Edit: also seems he only just got the order cert via mail, over a month after placing the order. Interesting that I get mine automatically via email, and as a doc I can print off from within the trading platform.
                  Last edited by Whorty; 9 November 2020, 19:55.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It was Pentium FPU errata, that explains everything!

Comment

Do HL not send confirmation to you? Perhaps only customers outside the UK. Anyways I prefer a paper record.

Comment

Working...
                      X