• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're into superhero / Stan Lee / Marvel stuff...

Seasons 1-3 of DareDevil are all fantastic. Punisher Season 1 and 2 are also very, very good. Punisher is quite gorey and sometimes violence for the sake of it, but sometimes it's so brutal you can't help but smile and chuckle a bit.

Titans was okay and worth a watch.

If/When it comes back around, Californication was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Some good recommendations here I've added to my list. Most were already on.

Midway through Punisher which is pretty good. Fairly standard stuff if you've watched enough of this genre.

I've just finished watching The Frankenstein Chronicles which I thought was pretty darn good. Bit standard at first but great twists later. Sean Bean is excellent. The man is a legend.

I know it's an old film but I missed it first time. Watched The Great Wall last night which was I thought was great. Really original and well done.
      One of the worst big budget flops of the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
        One of the worst big budget flops of the last few years.
        Oh. Just had a google and it appears you are right. We had a family curry and put this on and all thought it was great. How odd.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The Good Place (Netflix) is really stupid but pretty funny.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Starting to tick me off the number of non English films that are popping up now though. Some are dubbed over in English but still a pain to watch. I'm sure some are pretty good but the dubbing just ruins it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
              it is....odd.
              Its a create your own story film where you have to make choices which dictate the direction and ending of the movie.
              I ran through it a few times to try and get all the different endings (i think there is 10 in total). Managed to get three of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
                Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
                it is....odd.
                Its a create your own story film where you have to make choices which dictate the direction and ending of the movie.
                I ran through it a few times to try and get all the different endings (i think there is 10 in total). Managed to get three of them.
                There are flow charts on this.

Comment

Got to add Marcos to the list. An amazing story that sounds so ridiculous, but it actually happened!

Series 1 and 2 were amazing (Medellin cartel)

Series 3 was really good (Cali cartel)

Series 4 was ok... (This Mexican herberts)

GF

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Dont think anyone has said shot in the dark.(?)

A slight bit scripted at points but defo worth the watch.

Comment

Kingdom is very good, it's a medieval era Korea zombie series

....11 words I never thought I'd ever write in my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X