• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Finished
    Ozark season 3
    Fauda season 3

Both great. Fauda was gripping action.
    Two of my best series, too!

Doron is Alpha!
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Two of my best series, too!

Doron is Alpha!

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Finished
        Ozark season 3
        Fauda season 3

Both great. Fauda was gripping action.
        Yes, both top notch shows.. Loved the REO Speedwagon cameo

I was late to the Fauda party but I binged watched the entire 3 seasons in no time at all. I love the lack of pc (all the characters seem to smoke) and they really don't take any prisoners. Cap'n Ayub is my favourite on there - he's a very creepy individual.

Also just finished Caliphate season 1. Really enjoyed that - found the stuff going on in Raqqa more gripping than the main terror attack plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          I noticed in episode 2 that the Irish Romulan lady said 'data' in the American English way ('da-ta') where Data himself is always pronounced the proper English way ('day-ta').

Didn't know the Irish used American English or is it the Romulan norm?

That's the highlight of the episode for me.

Massive Irish contingent in US, they still tried to talk like they are in the old country when I met them.

Irish population in America by state, top ranked Irish ancestry | IrishCentral.com
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Massive Irish contingent in US, they still tried to talk like they are in the old country when I met them.

Irish population in America by state, top ranked Irish ancestry | IrishCentral.com
            And a lot that like to think they're Irish...

I'll never forget visiting a bookshop in Dingle a few years ago and the woman running it couldn't hide her exasperation at all these Americans who think they're Irish coming here to discover their roots.

Don't supposed she moaned about the till receipts though

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
              And a lot that like to think they're Irish...

I'll never forget visiting a bookshop in Dingle a few years ago and the woman running it couldn't hide her exasperation at all these Americans who think they're Irish coming here to discover their roots.

Don't supposed she moaned about the till receipts though
              same with the Scottish Americans. still it keeps the Tartan makers busy!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Yeah - i am working my way through that - but he hits the nail on the head in the first episode where he talks about how it is completely alien to 'Europen' culture - I want to Japan for a week back in 1999 - was completely alien but interesting!
                We thought it was great. Interesting and sensitively done, in a nicely tongue-in-cheek style and he clearly loves the place. It reminded me quite a bit of the Palin stuff with him chatting to the crew.

A nice break from the norm.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Another one I've been watching on Amazon is the old 60s gothic horror soap opera called Dark Shadows.

It's black and white, Pretty young girl goes to work for a dysfunctional family in the rambling old mansion perched on a cliff top where there's always a thunderstorm going on. A perfect blend.

And it's also got Joan Bennett (of Suspiria fame) who is very sexy in this

Comment

Which stable is the poster above from?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Which stable is the poster above from?

Un.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X