• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Summer Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there was me thinking this was a thread to have a holiday on another forum, just like the old days. Like ShaunBoy telling the mumsnet lot what to do with their leftover venison.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Mumsnet?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Well looks like I will be on vacation from the 13th July to the 5th September, so whole school holidays off.

I have a plan for stuff for two weeks at the end of August, otherwise I need to fill up the rest

Suggestions?
        well, I'll share it here because you won't go there anyway

this year, Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family will be spending 6 nights on Lastovo followed by 9 nights on Korcula.

Island hopping.

I don't recommend these destinations at all, they are awful, none of you would like them, terrible, don't go there, leave it for me.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          well, I'll share it here because you won't go there anyway

this year, Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family will be spending 6 nights on Lastovo followed by 9 nights on Korcula.

Island hopping.

I don't recommend these destinations at all, they are awful, none of you would like them, terrible, don't go there, leave it for me.

Milan.
          Hey MB!

Are you taking your Skoda?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Hey MB!

Are you taking your Skoda?
            my Skoda Octavia 4x4 (2003 model purchased in 2005) was stolen in 2007.

Haven't owned one since.

Was an excellent car though and strongly recommend.

Nevertheless yes we will be driving to those islands (including ferries).

I cannot think anything more awful than going for a summer holiday on an aeroplane with regular airlines, it's bad enough having to fly for work.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Is Brean the exclusive end of the Burnham-on-Sea caravan area, or separate from it?

I've heard the coast and its hinterland along Burnham on Sea is the largest caravan centre in Europe. Doesn't sound like my ideal Arcadia but there you go. Maybe there are quiet parts.

Had a quick look for Brean on Google maps and it is clearly the furthest north, but looks somewhat inconvenient to make a quick trip by road to Weston Super Mare for an evening out
              There are some lovely spots along that coastline. The walk from Burnham to Brean via Berrow through the sandunes is one of my favourites.

Then you can walk along Brean Down itself and stop for a coffee at the Tropical Bird Garden on the way back to the car - there is a 55 year old parrot there!

Yes, you're right that you need to drive back inland from Brean to get to Weston in order to circumvent the mouth of the River Axe but slightly more accessible from Weston is Sand Point lying a few miles north of town. The promontory actually marks the point at which the River Severn becomes the Bristol Channel and a bracing walk can be had along it.

Comment

Depending on the ages of the kids, camping at Duinrell is good - theme park plus water park in one.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                  Depending on the ages of the kids, camping at Duinrell is good - theme park plus water park in one.
                  +1 for that - water park was always pretty rammed though

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Luxury villa with private pool, a view and help in the sun-drenched Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish countryside or Greek island.

But you probably can't afford it.
                    We can certainly imagine it, just like you!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      +1 for that - water park was always pretty rammed though
                      You have to time it right, we found.

Have a full day in the theme park, then have dinner, chill a bit and then get into the water park for the last few hours before closing. That way the kids then have more of a lie in in the morning as well

Comment

Working...
                      X