• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boys forced to wear skirts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Alastair Vince-Porteous realises even coming to school in a skirt isn't as straightforward as it sounds...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ng-ban-shorts/

One of the five boys is believed to have got in trouble because his dress was too short - and another boy, Josh Baxter, told reporters he'd been told to change back to trousers as he "had hairy legs."
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I think the problem started when the head teacher was asked if the boys could wear shorts when its warmer, after all the girls can wear both skirts and trousers. The head said no, then said yes to the boys being able to wear skirts.
      So the correct headline would be "Head teacher has sense of humour"
      Last edited by NickFitz; 5 June 2018, 10:36. Reason: Correcting my misplaced and sexist assumptions about the head

Comment

I think it's a pretty poor article but by this logic we should not report on any minor news.
        I don't think anybody would object to the Daily Mail reporting news, whether major or minor. In fact, it would make a refreshing change

Comment

... by this logic we should not report on any minor news.
          Totally not what I said, and you know it.

This is deliberately mis-reporting a non-event to make it into a story, then highlighting it as a major issue to get a bit of moral outrage, PC gone mad, etc.
          A school has said that boys cannot wear shorts or skinny jeans or track suit bottoms in class. The headline of this thread is "boys forced to wear skirts", posters on this thread have argued that "boys are being forced to wear skirts", sometimes conceding that they are only "forced to wear skirts if they don't want to wear trousers"
          Girls are also not allowed to wear shorts or skinny jeans or track suit bottoms in class. But that doesn't get Mail snowflakes worked up as much.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The problem is that poorly-educated people are, rightly, discriminated against when it comes to jobs that require cognitive ability and good communications skills:
            https://fullfact.org/education/are-w...go-university/
            With all the online degrees, MOOCS etc there's really no excuse.
            Apart from that I doubt there is much racial discrimination going on (for any race), at least in the private sector.
            In my experience of having to recruit (and I always pick the best person for the job regardless of race, gender etc) I've found that the the Chinese and Indians are disproportionately represented in the ranks of people with postgraduate qualifications, which are becoming the minimum qualification in my sector.
            Fook me, Maccy D's are getting a bit picky these days...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Totally not what I said, and you know it.
              TBH I thought your comment was a bit tulip, you got onto your high horse with your fake moral judgement and classed DM readers as racist blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I don't think anybody would object to the Daily Mail reporting news, whether major or minor. In fact, it would make a refreshing change
                I agree, I wish it did more news, it's more like a comic. It's exactly like the Guardian to me.

Comment

I agree, I wish it did more news, it's more like a comic. It's exactly like the Guardian to me.
                  All the papers are converging on the same model now, frantically trying to attract an ever-dwindling pool of readers, like dying fish desperately flapping in the mud of an evaporating water hole
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Picture of glum looking parent with glum kid or it didn't happen.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Picture of glum looking parent with glum kid or it didn't happen.
                      No pictures of kids for a while. Its being saved up for A level results day when pictures of pretty girls with an E in home economics get front page of the mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X