• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boys forced to wear skirts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    No pictures of kids for a while. Its being saved up for A level results day when pictures of pretty girls with an E in home economics get front page of the mail.
    Indeed

Comment

When one goes to the continent, I think it's rather lovely to see all the young schoolchildren dressing up in traditional, formal uniforms. The girls in skirts and the boys in their shorts.

Anyway, from what I remember, most lads couldn't wait to get into long trousers and there was a definite stigma attached to those whose parents still made them wear shorts after the age of, say, 11 years old.

Comment

I'd be interested to see what shorts the lads think they are going to be able to wear. My lads and their mates wear shorts all the time and non of them are uniform types. Trackies, sweatpants, skinny jeans etc are what they call shorts. Not one of them would be seen dead in uniform type shorts. A school ought to call their bluff and say you can wear them but they have to be these and see how many will wear them. I'll bet it won't be a lot but there will be plenty in the papers with glum parents after being sent home.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't believe a single word I ever see coming out of that tuliprag.

Comment

Originally posted by That Pettifer Woman View Post
            When one goes to the continent, I think it's rather lovely to see all the young schoolchildren dressing up in traditional, formal uniforms. The girls in skirts and the boys in their shorts.

Anyway, from what I remember, most lads couldn't wait to get into long trousers and there was a definite stigma attached to those whose parents still made them wear shorts after the age of, say, 11 years old.
            Inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Inneresting.
              I am riveted waiting for more tales of the A303.

Comment

I'd like to now which continent your're talking about as it would inneresting for you to proven wrong, again...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  I am riveted waiting for more tales of the A303.
                  4 max

It's amazing how one can tell immediately. Even the twee, fey user name is a dead giveaway!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can someone kill this sockie account.

Or if it's real can someone kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Inneresting.
                      And untrue.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X