• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who will win the World Cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    The solution is to change national team participation to be the country the player currently plays in not their citizenship.

England would walk the world cup then.

I wonder if Bale would still stay in Spain rather than come to England. At least either way he'd have more chance of getting to go to a world cup than persevering with Wales. Surely we want to see the best players at such a tournament, it's discrimination if they're born in a country with a crap national team.

Your logic is based on finance, not on national teams.
    Also, if you went down that route with other sports - athletics etc, that would make quite a difference. Or how about F1 - most of the drivers live in Monaco or Switzerland. Same with tennis.
    Very few of them actually live in the UK.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

England will win, stop talking your country down
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        England will win, stop talking your country down
        Unless we get the Germans at any point....

or Iceland....

or Brazil

or Portugal

or Germany again.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          The UK is a mob kept is place by cheap booze and football.

Mr GM is in big trouble.
          Your partner is your dad?

Comment

I drew Spain in the work sweep stake and was quietly confident until this happened:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8396721.html

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              We're fed up of our press hyping us up; we know we've got that 4% chance that was quoted in some research or something last week but the press seem to have stuck a 0 after it. No world class keeper, no world class playmaker and a lack of leaders. We'll go out in the last eight.
              That would be my guess too. They'll go out pretty much as soon as they come up against 'top 10' opposition.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
                I drew Spain in the work sweep stake and was quietly confident until this happened:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8396721.html
                Win-win for the Spanish FA - do well or blame Real Madrid
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I wouldn't want to be a Saudi defender right now, I dread to think what penalty awaits for the sort of showing they're putting on.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    I wouldn't want to be a Saudi defender right now, I dread to think what penalty awaits for the sort of showing they're putting on.
                    Depends if Saudi are doing any deals with Russia. The Saudi King/Prince watching the match alongside Putin didn't seem too bothered.

No host has ever lost their opening game, according to a pundit before the match. Saudi strikers would have had more to fear if the result had gone the other way.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Depends if Saudi are doing any deals with Russia. The Saudi King/Prince watching the match alongside Putin didn't seem too bothered.

No host has ever lost their opening game, according to a pundit before the match. Saudi strikers would have had more to fear if the result had gone the other way.
                      As my Scottish neighbour said in the pub last night, even England would have beaten the Saudis, at least 1-0.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X