Lets play a game of millenial monoploy Lets play a game of millenial monoploy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,499

    Default Lets play a game of millenial monoploy


  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    21,767

    Default

    You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

    Honestly young ones today.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  3. #3

    More time posting than coding

    tazdevil has more data than eek

    tazdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

    Honestly young ones today.
    Agree, let's time warp back to the late 1970's and see how todays millenials would cope with the rather poor economy and infrastructure situation of the time. We didn't even have the bank of mum and dad The music of the time was good though

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Agree, let's time warp back to the late 1970's and see how todays millenials would cope with the rather poor economy and infrastructure situation of the time. We didn't even have the bank of mum and dad The music of the time was good though
    No wifi, 3 day week, power cuts...

    They would all kill themselves...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  5. #5

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    No wifi, 3 day week, power cuts...

    They would all kill themselves...
    Their parents would have to start parenting them.

    Shame the parents didn't bother raising the kids properly.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

    Honestly young ones today.
    Last week I was commenting on the new student blocks of flats that spring up everywhere followed by numerous take-away outlets to feed the students. In my day it was a damp old bed-sit and a can of baked-beans. To find my first job, I walked the towns and knocked on the doors of businesses with success.

    This was better than my father who as a kid in the 1920-30s did not have shoes until he was 12 years old when he started work.
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,631

    Default

    Is monoploy anything like scrablle?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    26,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Their parents would have to start parenting them.

    Shame the parents didn't bother raising the kids properly.
    And there it is. I don't normally join in in the millennial bashing - it's typically just another hard-of-thinking gammon theme.

    But... I was chatting to a contractor colleague whose daughter has just started uni. She absolutely had to have an en suite bathroom, and had never caught a bus before. He did accept that he may share some blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #9

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    21,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Last week I was commenting on the new student blocks of flats that spring up everywhere followed by numerous take-away outlets to feed the students. In my day it was a damp old bed-sit and a can of baked-beans. To find my first job, I walked the towns and knocked on the doors of businesses with success. .
    Totally. As an undergraduate I used a bedsit that wouldn't have been out of place in Trainspotting.

    I recall my lesbian roommate inviting me round to her room for a cuppa. The walls were covered with posters of breasts she admired. She asked me what I prefer. That was an interesting evening.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,758

    Default

    Lets play a game of millenial monoploy
    It's no use, you'd win hands down because that's how a typical millennial would spell "millennial" and "monopoly"

    Mind you, the twitterer you quoted does have a good point, because most millennials are fecked job-wise and house-wise etc.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •