Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 37

Contractor Among Contractors

GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced

Default Lets play a game of millenial monoploy

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

Honestly young ones today.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More time posting than coding

tazdevil has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

Agree, let's time warp back to the late 1970's and see how todays millenials would cope with the rather poor economy and infrastructure situation of the time. We didn't even have the bank of mum and dad The music of the time was good though

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Agree, let's time warp back to the late 1970's and see how todays millenials would cope with the rather poor economy and infrastructure situation of the time. We didn't even have the bank of mum and dad The music of the time was good though
    No wifi, 3 day week, power cuts...

They would all kill themselves...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    No wifi, 3 day week, power cuts...

They would all kill themselves...
    Their parents would have to start parenting them.

Shame the parents didn't bother raising the kids properly.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post

Last week I was commenting on the new student blocks of flats that spring up everywhere followed by numerous take-away outlets to feed the students. In my day it was a damp old bed-sit and a can of baked-beans. To find my first job, I walked the towns and knocked on the doors of businesses with success.

This was better than my father who as a kid in the 1920-30s did not have shoes until he was 12 years old when he started work.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Is monoploy anything like scrablle?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Their parents would have to start parenting them.

Shame the parents didn't bother raising the kids properly.
    And there it is. I don't normally join in in the millennial bashing - it's typically just another hard-of-thinking gammon theme.

But... I was chatting to a contractor colleague whose daughter has just started uni. She absolutely had to have an en suite bathroom, and had never caught a bus before. He did accept that he may share some blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Last week I was commenting on the new student blocks of flats that spring up everywhere followed by numerous take-away outlets to feed the students. In my day it was a damp old bed-sit and a can of baked-beans. To find my first job, I walked the towns and knocked on the doors of businesses with success. .
    Totally. As an undergraduate I used a bedsit that wouldn't have been out of place in Trainspotting.

I recall my lesbian roommate inviting me round to her room for a cuppa. The walls were covered with posters of breasts she admired. She asked me what I prefer. That was an interesting evening.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Lets play a game of millenial monoploy
    It's no use, you'd win hands down because that's how a typical millennial would spell "millennial" and "monopoly"

Mind you, the twitterer you quoted does have a good point, because most millennials are fecked job-wise and house-wise etc.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here