• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet day yesterday in the world...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    So do I. I'd love it if there weren't mass shootings every few days in the US. But "liberals" get "frothed up" and are "virtue signalling" when they dare talk about it.
    The answer to mass shootings is Thoughts and Prayers from the "peacemakers".

If common sense = saying one thing one day, then doing a complete U-turn the next, or if common sense = being a sexual predator or if common sense = being neither common nor sensible, then you're right, it is winning the day.
    There's a lot about Trump I don't like and don't agree with, but if he can deliver on 'making deals' that result in safer and more peaceful world then I won't complain. That's if the 'swamp' don't go nuclear (see what i did there) trying to stop him. I think what he's saying now is just swamp management and he doesn't have much respect or loyalty to them.

Another inconsistency is demanding NATO members up their contribution to 4% then cosying up to the enemy of NATO to make deals. But I think that is more about making money and creating jobs in the MIC.

And the trade war stuff with China & Europe is pretty stupid as well.

My main point is that the (extreme) left who paint themselves as 'good' are trying to incite war to make their point. It would be great if they could get as upset with the swamp and go against them. But the swamp seems to have them doing their bidding pretty well.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

So do I. I'd love it if there weren't mass shootings every few days in the US. But "liberals" get "frothed up" and are "virtue signalling" when they dare talk about it.
      The answer to mass shootings is Thoughts and Prayers from the "peacemakers".
      Yet the answer from the liberals when they attacked Paris was 70 million instagram Pray for Paris messages. That showed them.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Yet the answer from the liberals when they attacked Paris was 70 million instagram Pray for Paris messages. That showed them.
        I thought they flew in Team America SWANT team who delivered minimum force containment?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I just want a peaceful and safe world to live in.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            I thought they flew in Team America SWANT team who delivered minimum force containment?
            I always wondered what would be a bigger health risk; captured by the Taliban or rescued by the Americans.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              The response from Trump was that if only everyone in the crowd had been armed it wouldn't have happened, and that it would never happen in America. Then it happened in Vegas.
              But shootings in America don't count unless they person carrying them out fits Trump's requirements to act.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                There's a lot about Trump I don't like and don't agree with, but if he can deliver on 'making deals' that result in safer and more peaceful world then I won't complain. That's if the 'swamp' don't go nuclear (see what i did there) trying to stop him. I think what he's saying now is just swamp management and he doesn't have much respect or loyalty to them.

Another inconsistency is demanding NATO members up their contribution to 4% then cosying up to the enemy of NATO to make deals. But I think that is more about making money and creating jobs in the MIC.

And the trade war stuff with China & Europe is pretty stupid as well.

My main point is that the (extreme) left who paint themselves as 'good' are trying to incite war to make their point. It would be great if they could get as upset with the swamp and go against them. But the swamp seems to have them doing their bidding pretty well.
                The "Swamp" you refer to, is that the place that Trump campaigned to drain, saying it was full of cronies and people who were no good at their jobs? The same place he then filled with his family and friends?

I don't doubt he is a business negotiator. But he's not a political negotiator.
                He's happy to make promises then leave it to someone else to deliver, or complain when it doesn't go his way. You may have noticed in the Helsinki interview he was asked a question he didn't like, so he started talking about Hillary Clinton's server. He also likes to deflect questions by talking about how wonderful some people are, or some places are, particularly if he has business interests there.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    similar concept to

Cheers by the way!
                    Last edited by vetran; 19 July 2018, 11:33.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The "Swamp" you refer to, is that the place that Trump campaigned to drain, saying it was full of cronies and people who were no good at their jobs? The same place he then filled with his family and friends?

I don't doubt he is a business negotiator. But he's not a political negotiator.
                      He's happy to make promises then leave it to someone else to deliver, or complain when it doesn't go his way. You may have noticed in the Helsinki interview he was asked a question he didn't like, so he started talking about Hillary Clinton's server. He also likes to deflect questions by talking about how wonderful some people are, or some places are, particularly if he has business interests there.
                      He's also probably going to win the mid terms and the next election. Unless the dems make some serious changes to how they debate and try and win over hearts and minds they will just keep losing more credibility by the day. Let's see what they come up with - if it's anything new, which isn't likely...

Don't want to see Trump in office? Then stop snowflaking and start campaigning on issues that people actually care about.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X