• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet day yesterday in the world...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    He's also probably going to win the mid terms and the next election. Unless the dems make some serious changes to how they debate and try and win over hearts and minds they will just keep losing more credibility by the day. Let's see what they come up with - if it's anything new, which isn't likely...
    I suspect you may be partly right.

Don't want to see Trump in office? Then stop snowflaking and start campaigning on issues that people actually care about.
    I guess the problem I have with your comment is that Trump is the Snowflake in Chief. Any media that disagrees with him is spreading fake news. He is completely self centred, as long as he gets his way, he's happy. If he gets his way and he gets to put other people down, he's happier. He runs away from criticism. And like a true snowflake, he hides behind daddy's money.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      The response from Trump was that if only everyone in the crowd had been armed it wouldn't have happened, and that it would never happen in America. Then it happened in Vegas.
      But shootings in America don't count unless they person carrying them out fits Trump's requirements to act.
      The right to bear arms in America and its random shootings by Americans who are angry at the system are totally different to ISIS killing and bombing their way through Europe. Both are repulsive. Plenty that's wrong with America but it would take far more than a single presidential term to fix it.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        ... Plenty that's wrong with America but it would take far more than a single presidential term to fix it.
        What about one well aimed bullet from a grass knoll?

Comment

I guess the problem I have with your comment is that Trump is the Snowflake in Chief. Any media that disagrees with him is spreading fake news. He is completely self centred, as long as he gets his way, he's happy. If he gets his way and he gets to put other people down, he's happier. He runs away from criticism. And like a true snowflake, he hides behind daddy's money.
          AFAIK the term 'snowflake' became a thing after he got elected to refer to people refusing to accept the outcome of a democratic election - particularly millennials who aren't accustomed to not getting their way (I blame the parents!).

I know he calls CNN and other left wing outlets fake news a lot - but they've actually published fake news about him which doesn't help their case. Not saying other media, particularly on the right (Fox/DM) don't either. Again I think the term 'fake news' was also borne of the 2016 election(s) but used by the sides that lost as an excuse to blame the loss on someone other than themselves and try and get the results overturned.

All that stuff about Hillary Clinton was true and that was a large reason for her loss and his win. She did all that stuff - giving him plenty to use against her, then she called his voter base 'deplorables' and thought she didn't need to campaign in the flyover states.

TBH I think this whole Russian meddling thing is fake news, unless you count RT publishing (true) Wikileaks stories about Hillary 'meddling'. Either way it wasn't anything like the scale of the MSM campaign to try and get her elected.

But yes I agree that he's vile - and a terrible ego maniac. Doesn't stop me agreeing with his foreign policy though if it means less war and conflict in the world and less threat of WW3. That's all I really care about.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            The right to bear arms in America and its random shootings by Americans who are angry at the system are totally different to ISIS killing and bombing their way through Europe. Both are repulsive. Plenty that's wrong with America but it would take far more than a single presidential term to fix it.
            https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...nters-disguise

Is naaiiicee!
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It appears the Donald has flip flopped again and doubled down on his original position:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...l-enemy-people

While arguments continue over whether the Helsinki Summit was a success (end of Cold War 2.0) or not (most treasonous president ever), President Trump is convinced "The Summit was a great success," and hints that there will be a second summit soon, where they will address: "stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more."

However, we suspect what will 'trigger' the liberal media to melt down is his use of the Stalin-esque term "enemy of the people" to describe the Fake News Media once again...

Comment

It appears the Donald has flip flopped again and doubled down on his original position:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...l-enemy-people
                Can we have a list, over the last 6 months let's say, of all the fake news, compared to all the times that Trump has used the phrase "fake news" in an attempt to convince people that anything to the left of Fox/DM is just 100% lies?

Comment

Can we have a list, over the last 6 months let's say, of all the fake news, compared to all the times that Trump has used the phrase "fake news" in an attempt to convince people that anything to the left of Fox/DM is just 100% lies?
                  Who compiles it and who decides what's 'fake'?

Comment

Shall I start?
                    The S*n interview with Donald Trump on 13th July. "Fake News" cries Donald when they report what he says
                    Is the S*n a far left, or even centrist paper?

Comment

Who compiles it and who decides what's 'fake'?
                      Just go for everything he says is fake news.

Comment

Working...
                      X