If the snowflakes don't like it If the snowflakes don't like it
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1

    Super poster

    DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,243

    Default If the snowflakes don't like it

    Then scratch it out.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-44884913

    Just as well it wasn't Gunga Din.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio - scorchio!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,318

    Default

    Uneducated ignorant morons. There isn't a single racist word in the whole thing, which is about aspiration and doing the right thing. And Kipling was a supporter of the Indian people anyway.
    Blog? What blog...?

  3. #3

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,833

    Default

    And the university apologized to them -
    Woker than you - but not as woke as I'd like to be.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,243

    Default

    They're Esteemed Customers remember.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  5. #5

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Uneducated ignorant morons. There isn't a single racist word in the whole thing, which is about aspiration and doing the right thing. And Kipling was a supporter of the Indian people anyway.
    They got triggered by another poem of his “White Man's Burden” which apparently:

    Summary. In the famous poem, “White Man's Burden,” the author is suggesting that Imperialism is a very good endeavor the United States should have. Author Rudyard Kipling says: “Take up the White Man's burden” and “To serve your captives' need.”
    https://www.sjsd.k12.mo.us/cms/lib3/...isforfinal.pdf
    Woker than you - but not as woke as I'd like to be.

  6. #6

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Times are changing, and old white men don’t like it.

    Who are the real snowflakes?

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Times are changing, and old white men don’t like it.
    They thought that when Zeus triumphed over the Titans. However, the old white men are still here, and certainly still will be long after you've shuffled off.


  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Who are the real snowflakes?
    That'll be those who haven't realised that the rules of the game always evolve. Their own actions will come to be condemned in the fullness of time even though they're really really REALLY sure they're doing The Right Thing.

  9. #9

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    That'll be those who haven't realised that the rules of the game always evolve. Their own actions will come to be condemned in the fullness of time even though they're really really REALLY sure they're doing The Right Thing.
    Like declaring war with Russia and trying to sabotage the NK peace?
    Woker than you - but not as woke as I'd like to be.

  10. #10

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    They thought that when Zeus triumphed over the Titans. However, the old white men are still here, and certainly still will be long after you've shuffled off.

    I’ve worked with a few Greeks, but I wouldn’t have put them in the archetypical “white” category. Swarthy Mediterranean maybe.

    Anyway, you’re 97, you’ll be shuffling off long before any of us.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •