What will a Brexit No Deal mean for current software systems What will a Brexit No Deal mean for current software systems - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 35

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Not that long ago I was supporting NATS (National Air Traffic Services) in Swanwick. They've been developing a EU wide air traffic control system for some while now. Lots of cash has poured into varies projects supporting a single European sky effort. It makes a lot of sense to harmonise software systems with controllers throughout the EU. Much has already been done on software development in Swanwick and is necessary considering how busy the skies are becoming. Like the Galileo project, the whole thing has been thrown into doubt. Utter madness.

https://www.nats.aero/about-us/ses/
    Last edited by scooterscot; 4th September 2018 at 09:03.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not that long ago I was supporting NATS (National Air Traffic Services) in Swanwick. They've been developing a EU wide air traffic control system for some while now. Lots of cash has poured into varies projects supporting a single European sky effort. It makes a lot of sense to harmonise software systems with controllers throughout the EU. Much has already been done on software development in Swanwick and is necessary considering how busy the skies are becoming. Like the Galileo project, the whole thing has been thrown into doubt. Utter madness.

Do not seem to struggle to fly to Switzerland?

There is no reason not to continue with this - but I guess because we are not greasing the palms of corrupt politicians they will take offence?

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    No, no, no, no! Don't let facts get in the way!

It's going to be much, much worse than y2k! The world as we know it will cease to exist!!!

Zig - In "sasguru" mode!
    close but no cigar cretin!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    close but no cigar cretin!
    Damn, I thought I'd nailed it with those rolling smilies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

vetran is always on top

CAA were not the most switched on customer for a previous employer, Sold a solution for few million and then the project team trebled it with 'extras'.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Do not seem to struggle to fly to Switzerland?

There is no reason not to continue with this - but I guess because we are not greasing the palms of corrupt politicians they will take offence?
    The volume of air traffic going through Europe on a daily basis does not fly to Switzerland.

I agree, there's no reason not to continue with this. However, exitUK will be following EU laws to ensure fit form & function expect and we'll not have the same influence on the project. So lets hope future EU decisions mean Swanwick does not have to be teared down and re-built from scratch.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    CAA were not the most switched on customer for a previous employer, Sold a solution for few million and then the project team trebled it with 'extras'.
    Yes, Swanwick now have an onsite Starbucks & a sous chef who'll make you a dish of your choosing after selecting your veg etc

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    No, no, no, no! Don't let facts get in the way!

It's going to be much, much worse than y2k! The world as we know it will cease to exist!!!

Zig - In "sasguru" mode!
    The Uk is already 2nd rate: dirty streets and fly tipping are rampant, not enough police, people dying needlessly in one hospital scandal after another, long waits to see your GP.
    After Brexit, the above will only get worse.
    In your more intelligent episodes, you know I'm right.
    But anyway who gives a toss, I'm well out of it.
    Good luck, hope it works out.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

vetran is always on top

Yes, Swanwick now have an onsite Starbucks & a sous chef who'll make you a dish of your choosing after selecting your veg etc
    Dave that you?

Congrats for bringing that coffee trailer in only 3 months late & 3 times over original budget that should be a real feather in your cap

Contractor Among Contractors

Dark Black is NOT a disguised employee

NATS, a truly horrible place to work - corporate hell par excellence
    Do what thou wilt