• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

extracting a PDF from a word file...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Save as pdf.
    What all 43 of them? I'll be here all day. So bored I've lost all motivation.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Save as pdf.
      Save as .pdf, surely...?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        So you haven't lost much then...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

gwd I'm so bored.

Document 23 with impossibly long file name...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

look if your boss asked you to export all her receipts and do her expenses that's what you have to do!

normal people would use VBA.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...forum=exceldev
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Microsoft - delivering complicated solutions to simple problems that contribute nadda to productivity since the year dot.

Solution, rename document from *.docx to *.zip, embedded file are all there.

Comment

Seriously windaz users - how do you do it? A client sent me a document and now I'm ready to punch the screen.
                It seems to me that these are *.PDF files but saved with a *.docx extension.

You can buy software to convert them.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Offshore to India.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Write a f'ing script!
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Microsoft - delivering complicated solutions to simple problems that contribute nadda to productivity since the year dot.

Solution, rename document from *.docx to *.zip, embedded file are all there.
                      Erm... implementing .docx as zips, with embedded objects in the word\embedding folder seems quite a simple solution. I mean... it must be simple if you managed to find it.

I've written programs in various languages that generate .docx - it really isn't too bad a format.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X