• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Board vs Chair was the subject of much debate. The CC had no desire to completely destabilise the organisation at this time.
    And I can already see how that played out - going for the board removes any personality argument and would have meant the board would have had to explain rather more instead of just saying they disagree with the motion. By not going for the entire board you have given them options they otherwise would not have had...

I suspect (in fact I would bet money) that the board will get both their new articles through and win the vote thanks to people who will vote and don't visit any of the boards...
    Last edited by eek; 18 December 2018, 10:07.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My personal opinion is IPSE is a bunch of arrogant, self-serving ****s.

I'm still of a mind to report them to the FCA for selling illegal financial products.

Sack them all, I say.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

I'm still of a mind to report them to the FCA for selling illegal financial products.

Sack them all, I say.
        Well, that's certainly one view.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Sack them all, I say.
          Feel free. Nothing they "sell" is in the scope of the FCA...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Feel free. Nothing they "sell" is in the scope of the FCA
            Ignoramus.

They sell insurance and they are registered with the FCA to do so.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Ignoramus.

They sell insurance and they are registered with the FCA to do so.
              Nope

This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.
              Financial Conduct Authority
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sack them all, I say.
                Agreed Most useless bunch of idiots. Haven't achieved anything whatsoever regarding IR35 which is their only reason why they exist.

Comment

Sack them all, I say.

What issue do you have with the products?
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    The CC really tried to avoid doing this particular bit of laundry in public.
                    Could it really not be done on the IPSE forums?

Its jolly fascinating for those of us without access though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Agreed Most useless bunch of idiots. Haven't achieved anything whatsoever regarding IR35 which is their only reason why they exist.
                      Pretty much agree with this - the impression for me is that IPSE has achieved nothing.
                      Just checking though - we should NOT vote for change, right

Comment

Working...
                      X