• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Fixes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good. Just two observations from me...
    • What's with the BOLD in the login/password fields. Looks really odd.
    • When Simes posts anything it still comes out as pointless crap.

Apart from that much Kudos for fixing the other stuff. Looks good.

EDIT : Oh one more. When you pick Forum at the top to return to root it looks fine. If you pick the Bold Underlined Contracting above that to get to route there is a couple of lines of white space under the Webinar Banner.
    That make sense?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 January 2019, 16:28.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Looking good. Just two observations from me...
      • What's with the BOLD in the login/password fields. Looks really odd.
      • When Simes posts anything it still comes out as pointless crap.

Apart from that much Kudos for fixing the other stuff. Looks good.

EDIT : Oh one more. When you pick Forum at the top to return to root it looks fine. If you pick the Bold Underlined Contracting above that to get to route there is a couple of lines of white space under the Webinar Banner.
      That make sense?
      The bold in those fields is, I think, a default vBulletin thing, but agreed; I’ll add it to the list

For the forum links: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ is not the same page as https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/contracting/ - you’ll see the latter doesn’t have the Social forums listed. The gap is where it has a section which in other contexts is used as a container for things like pagination, but I don’t think it makes sense on that page unless there’s going to be lots more forums added, and even then I’m not sure it paginates. I’ll investigate further, but I daresay missing it out unless there’s something to go in it should fix things.

Comment

Good stuff Fizzy Knickers!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake
          Multi-page threads used to have the current page number highlighted like this:

The highlighting seems to have disappeared with the implementation of the recent fixes:

Just an observation. Not a big deal....
          It’s already annoying me tremendously when I’m looking for stuff in the 30,959 pages of TPD

On the New List

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            What about the fix that prevents NAT from logging in, that doesn't appear to be working!
            I think he is waiting for the latest upgrade to "Fookwit Filtering" before implementing that feature.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There's a bug in the forum code.

Whenever I login a big red banner pops up saying

You are a ****!

Can you please fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You are a ****!
                That do?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  How many nights with NLYUK do these fixes merit?
                  Now that they're done, no more. In another week he'll be able to sit down again, that'll feel like winning the lottery after the last months experiences. Never let it be said that Admin doesn't know how to negotiate.

Comment

And the spelling of "separating" when adding tags has been fixed (tbf it may have been with upgrade)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      And the spelling of "separating" when adding tags has been fixed (tbf it may have been with upgrade)

Don’t remember doing anything with that, so it must have been from the upgrade

Comment

Working...
                      X