• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Fixes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Did the forum used to prevent identical posts within a five minute period?
    Seems intermittent now.

Comment

[QUOTE=NickFitz;2619796]What exactly is the problem on the phone? Can you not type stuff or not post stuff once you

Turning off WYSIWYG mode works!
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Turning off WYSIWYG mode works!
        Jolly good

On the emulator, it works in non-WYSIWYG mode even with WYSIWYG mode enabled. Not sure why that doesn’t happen on your real phone, but it just goes to show you can’t trust what you see on an emulator

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          BTW, the forum has switched from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 character encoding which has left some weird characters in the database for things like smart quotes (“”) and £. I believe admin is hatching a plan to sort these out, but it at least means you’ll now be able to copy and paste from external sources without things like Å appearing for no reason, so it’ll be worth it in the long run
          Admin and I have just sorted out the database stuff, so now both older and newer posts with characters like , , and should be displaying correctly

Comment

Good thing I haven't got your job, i'd make it so that posts by certain people are replaced entirely by characters like and .

On the emulator thing, it's a pain. Used to use Opera Mobile Emulator a lot but don't think it's been updated for a long time. No way of ensuring a page works on all devices without spending a lot of dosh.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Admin and I have just sorted out the database stuff, so now both older and newer posts with characters like , , and should be displaying correctly
              The Nazi smiley still isn't working.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                The Nazi smiley still isn't working.
                I know

But that's nowt to do with me; you'll have to take it up with admin.

And definitely don't do this:

Comment

I know

But that's nowt to do with me; you'll have to take it up with admin.

And definitely don't do this:
                  wot? - this?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Seems intermittent now.
                    Still an issue if it is a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      wot? - this?
                      Yeah, I think he meant that!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X