• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depriving British citizens of their British citizenship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Unfortunately she is a victim of her own infamy. If she ha tried to slip back in quietly no one would be any the wiser, but the media went looking for her and she courted the media in an attempt speed up her repatriation, which has back-fired massively. Her initial interviews with the press when she equated the Manchester terrorist bombing to the bombing on Isis in Syria, and publicly stated that she had no regrets and only supported SOME British values was her undoing. Now, after being told she is losing her British citizenship she is full of remorse and has come out with a story about torture and terror within Isis.
    Wrong. That was in the initial interview last week.

The lesson is: If you court the media expect to get burnt.
    She didn't exactly court the media - the Times journalist sought her out.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Disney are already getting the film ready..

Comment

Rant of the day

She renounced her own British citizenship when she joined ISIS and presumably like many others burned their passport and showed various other degrees of FU to the nation of their birth.

She is not stateless she is part of Islamic State.

That IS has no land now means they should seek refugee status in a country that is closer aligned to their views. Turkey and other nearby muslim based (in law and predominant culture) countries would be a better destination than their original birth nation they obviously only want to return to as the easy option and not because they do after all want to live and support a culture different to their ideal.

So yes let them stay in Syria with all the other locals that are also suffering from the wars and fix that country and area so there is no need to move elsewhere unless your ideals don't fit the local culture.

There is no room for religious nutters in the UK. Ask the families of the Manchester Arena bombing (by another nutter given refuge in the UK) whether these IS nutters should be free to walk the streets of the UK. If they are to stand trial then why should the taxpayer support them when there are cheaper alternatives such as a gitmo style prison abroad. Contain them and don't let them spread their hate back to countries they still see as the enemy.

Personally I'd ban all religions until God itself proved it exists. It would be a long wait. Human civilisation can't progress quickly while there are millions if not billions of morons still believing those trying to control them through religion are doing it in god's will. Deradicalisation programmes are needed not just for Islam.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Rant of the day

She renounced her own British citizenship when she joined ISIS and presumably like many others burned their passport and showed various other degrees of FU to the nation of their birth.

That IS has no land now means they should seek refugee status in a country that is closer aligned to their views. Turkey and other nearby muslim based (in law and predominant culture) countries would be a better destination than their original birth nation they obviously only want to return to as the easy option and not because they do after all want to live and support a culture different to their ideal.

So yes let them stay in Syria with all the other locals that are also suffering from the wars and fix that country and area so there is no need to move elsewhere unless your ideals don't fit the local culture.

There is no room for religious nutters in the UK. Ask the families of the Manchester Arena bombing (by another nutter given refuge in the UK) whether these IS nutters should be free to walk the streets of the UK. If they are to stand trial then why should the taxpayer support them when there are cheaper alternatives such as a gitmo style prison abroad. Contain them and don't let them spread their hate back to countries they still see as the enemy.

Personally I'd ban all religions until God itself proved it exists. It would be a long wait. Human civilisation can't progress quickly while there are millions if not billions of morons still believing those trying to control them through religion are doing it in god's will. Deradicalisation programmes are needed not just for Islam.
          I think charging her with involvement with a terrorist organisation in the UK would be the "right" thing to do; I think the problem for the common folk, and why this is such a distasteful option is the lack of confidence in judicial process giving justice in these scenarios. Time and time again people espousing Islamist crap have been given leeway - Abu Hamza's public sermon's no longer happening today because the Yanks got involved. Contrast that with what happens if you teach your dog to do a Nazi salute and post it on Twitter for a joke.

The "she was made here" argument poses interesting questions on who exactly we let in, I mean, did her free schooling and use of public health & services "create" her or was it her parents and Émigré circles?

Comment

The other problem is that the US currently have about 1000 of these IS people held prisoner.

And the US troops are going to pull out of Syria - if the relevant countries have not done something these people will disappear back into society.

So she and all those other jihadi's will end up running free....

we should bring anyone from the UK back to the UK and then try them for treason and terrorism

then lock them up and throw away the key - pretty sure there will be some ladies in the UK jails who have some connection to people who have died in terrorist attacks who would love to introduce these ladies to a bucket of sand.

Comment

I don't want her in the UK. However given the choice between her and the guy who wrote "blacks out" on a door, I would prefer her in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                I don't want her in the UK. However given the choice between her and the guy who wrote "blacks out" on a door, I would prefer her in the UK.
                I'd keep a close eye on that story, methinks it's not quite what it seems.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  I think charging her with involvement with a terrorist organisation in the UK would be the "right" thing to do; I think the problem for the common folk, and why this is such a distasteful option is the lack of confidence in judicial process giving justice in these scenarios. Time and time again people espousing Islamist crap have been given leeway - Abu Hamza's public sermon's no longer happening today because the Yanks got involved. Contrast that with what happens if you teach your dog to do a Nazi salute and post it on Twitter for a joke.

The "she was made here" argument poses interesting questions on who exactly we let in, I mean, did her free schooling and use of public health & services "create" her or was it her parents and Émigré circles?
                  Exactly the bit in bold for me and for many others I've spoken to. If I knew it would be handled properly then yes, get her back and deal with it. I just don't think it will be. We'll fawn over some poor single mother who is gonna cost the taxpayer an absolute fortune for decades to come with very little real justice.

There has been very little indication of what she would or could be charged with. Her defence she is no threat is difficult to argue but something has to be done. The police will want to speak to her upon her arrival just isn't enough.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Illinformed Rant of the day

Nope. She travelled on the passport she stole from her sister. It was removed from her when she got to IS held territory.

There is no state called "Islamic State". Therefore she is stateless. That's just a fact of law. Sorry if it conflicts with your world view.

That IS has no land now means they should seek refugee status in a country that is closer aligned to their views.
                    Even the Taleban consider IS too extreme.

Personally I'd ban all religion...
                    Been tried, doesn't seem to work.
                    Deradicalisation programmes are needed not just for Islam.
                    Quite right. All these radical anglicans. A clear and present danger.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I'd keep a close eye on that story, methinks it's not quite what it seems.
                    Ah, casting doubt but providing no details. A classic racist tactic.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Ah, casting doubt but providing no details. A classic racist tactic.
                      Really? Ok, we'll wait and see.

Btw, how long have you lived in and around Salford?
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 21 February 2019, 13:27.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X