• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from Metropolitan Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You are right, they have to prove the case, and at the moment they are doing this by have a photo showing your number plate, you will need to discredit this evidence which is not as easy as it sounds
    Personally I reckon getting a copy of the photo. Sometimes the make/model are not what the CPS claim - they get the details from the number plate, not from the photo.

What is slightly more difficult is when someone with same make/model clones your plate.

Either way, getting hold of the photo is important.

I do agree though - magistrates are on the side of the police.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Personally I reckon getting a copy of the photo. Sometimes the make/model are not what the CPS claim - they get the details from the number plate, not from the photo.

What is slightly more difficult is when someone with same make/model clones your plate.

Given that I have evidence that my car wasn't on the North-Circular on 26/04/2019 it will be very interesting to see what the Met come up with. If they have a picture of the driver then that should be even more interesting.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Given that I have evidence that my car wasn't on the North-Circular on 26/04/2019 it will be very interesting to see what the Met come up with. If they have a picture of the driver then that should be even more interesting.
        If the driver is Strawberry Blond will you concede defeat?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          We'll wait and see.
          Will you keep us posted please?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If the driver is Strawberry Blond will you concede defeat?
            I'm laying bets that the culprit has a better tan than myself.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Will you keep us posted please?
              They allow posting to CUK from jail?

Comment

They allow posting to CUK from jail?
                Not any more. Exposure to Scooter's moronic tooting was determined to be 'cruel and unusual punishment'.

Comment

I knew eventually that once I'd changed my number plate on the Corsa to that of Spods, put on some high heel platform shoes, a fat suit & bald cap, while flicking the bird at every bus lane camera in London he'd eventually get a summons.

He'll never be able to prove it wasn't him
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"What is slightly more difficult is when someone with same make/model clones your plate" - yes, but there may be some detail differences which might help in identification.

"Either way, getting hold of the photo is important" - absolutely, and it shouldn't increase your costs.

"magistrates are on the side of the police" I agree entirely. But my understanding is, and I stand to be corrected, you can't appeal a judgement from the Magistrate's court. So if the evidence in your favour is irrefutable, be careful of attending a magistrates' court, because they have been known to ignore evidence in favour of the accused and to the benefit of the police.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I knew eventually that once I'd changed my number plate on the Corsa to that of Spods, put on some high heel platform shoes, a fat suit & bald cap, while flicking the bird at every bus lane camera in London he'd eventually get a summons.

He'll never be able to prove it wasn't him
                      That's it then, I may as well cough to it!

Comment

Working...
                      X