• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Metro bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Metro aren't going to go bust, can everyone stop being over dramatic, the day to day side is fine.

They just made a cock up when it comes to the ration of capital to debt they hold (due to some Commercial debt being labelled BTL which is a different risk profile), they have asked shareholders for £350m to cover the difference and they've stumped up which has been reported to the stock exchange this morning.

If anyone has enough money in a single organisation at risk and they don't do a 30 second google to find out the facts they are morons, even for CUK.

If it all goes tits up I only have a mortgage with them so I will owe them money not the other way round

My Mortgage is also with them, all that will happen is it will be transferred on the same terms to someone else. There not going to the wall though, they just have an accounting error that needs dealing with.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

They just made a cock up when it comes to the ration of capital to debt they hold (due to some Commercial debt being labelled BTL which is a different risk profile), they have asked shareholders for £350m to cover the difference and they've stumped up which has been reported to the stock exchange this morning.
      I had a contract at M3trobank, I was config/building environments for a financial compliance project, turns out I was the first engineer in a good long time that could actually make it work properly. My contract was terminated before completion, no reason given. The PM had a tulipfit and raised it to board level to try and get me brought back. Apparently the FCA is not big on their list of priorities, unlike dogbowls in branches.

You say mistake, I say tomatoes.

Comment

Metro aren't going to go bust, can everyone stop being over dramatic, the day to day side is fine.

If anyone has enough money in a single organisation at risk and they don't do a 30 second google to find out the facts they are morons, even for CUK.

If it all goes tits up I only have a mortgage with them so I will owe them money not the other way round
        Great a bank that can't count properly, let's all put our money in that one

Comment

Their whole market cap right now is less than 500 mln and they want to raise 350 mln

Comment

Share price is doing well, down 6.4% at £5 exactly
            Was at £22 only 4 months ago

Comment

Was monitoring this from when the 'accounting error' news surfaced, it is now being discussed in forums like this and then the viral whatsapp message over the weekend resulting in queues in West London branches - Enough was Enough.

Starling app downloaded on Sunday morning, details filled in 5 minutes, Customer service chat response was quick for query on how long it will take to verify, verification completed by evening (the website says it was done by a human on a Sunday rather than some funky AI !), money moved over, Freeagent integration working like a treat and is instant (Metro always took a few days), App is immensely more user friendly - all in all very impressed with Starling.

Hopefully a crisis averted...

Comment

And that’s why proper banks are closed on weekends ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Share price is doing well, down 6.4% at £5 exactly
                  Was at £22 only 4 months ago
                  Tulips <-- Ring any bells?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                    My Mortgage is also with them, all that will happen is it will be transferred on the same terms to someone else. There not going to the wall though, they just have an accounting error that needs dealing with.
                    If a mortgage is taken over or sold to a third party then T&Cs remain the same however, if your bank goes phut, then the T&Cs disappear. In fact, the liquidators could demand the outstanding amount of the mortgage to be repaid on demand.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Metro Bank raises £375m in new funds to bolster finances:

Metro Bank raises GBP375m in new funds to bolster finances - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                      X