• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Metro bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Share price is doing well, down 6.4% at £5 exactly
    Was at £22 only 4 months ago
    Buy buy buy... ah crap.. too late.

I was gonna have a pop at this one but missed it
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      If a mortgage is taken over or sold to a third party then T&Cs remain the same however, if your bank goes phut, then the T&Cs disappear. In fact, the liquidators could demand the outstanding amount of the mortgage to be repaid on demand.
      I hear they would also want my first born.

Worse case scenario the mortgage would be transferred to these guys http://www.ukar.co.uk/. Which is ironic really as some of this mess could of been caused by Metro buying bad debt from them via Cerberus and miss accounting the BTL mortgages.

Anyway they secured the required funding in 3 hours and shares have already jumped 22%. As I said a none story.
      Last edited by BlueSharp; 17 May 2019, 09:25.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by 56samba View Post
        I had a contract at M3trobank,
        Did you also have to do a conga around the office after your Disneyfied indoctrination?

When I was there they do a 2 day induction for all starters including contractors which included picking a song and amending it to be applicable to Metro, then on the 2nd day you had to do a conga around the offices singing your song - absolute bolloxs - main issue was they thought of contractors as employees and I was hauled before CEO for refusing to do those on line banking test things
        All IR35 pointers but I did meet the dog and Vernon and his missus, some nice totty in Holborn offices made it more bearable

British Museum around the corner for lunch breaks

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          If a mortgage is taken over or sold to a third party then T&Cs remain the same however, if your bank goes phut, then the T&Cs disappear. In fact, the liquidators could demand the outstanding amount of the mortgage to be repaid on demand.

That's not going to happen though is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
            Did you also have to do a conga around the office after your Disneyfied indoctrination?

When I was there they do a 2 day induction for all starters including contractors which included picking a song and amending it to be applicable to Metro, then on the 2nd day you had to do a conga around the offices singing your song - absolute bolloxs - main issue was they thought of contractors as employees and I was hauled before CEO for refusing to do those on line banking test things
            All IR35 pointers but I did meet the dog and Vernon and his missus, some nice totty in Holborn offices made it more bearable

British Museum around the corner for lunch breaks
            And did you subject yourself to this abject humiliation?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              And did you subject yourself to this abject humiliation?
              If you pay my day rate I will dance to whatever tune you desire

Comment

Most disappointing - I was looking forward to a good old bank run

Comment

I have a Metro account, but currently its balance is about 2p because I've never really used it.

It'll be a shame if it does go down the tubes, because the staff in the branch where I opened the account several years ago seemed a friendly and helpful bunch.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                    If you pay my day rate I will dance to whatever tune you desire
                    I followed the above rule.

Comment

Oh Dear - Tesco Bank abandons 'challenging' mortgage market

One would imagine we’ll see sale of mortgage portfolio

Comment

Working...
                      X