Good riddance! Good riddance! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Good riddance!

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

That story's a load of bollocks. InterCity 125s, aka HSTs, are still in daily use on the Midland Main Line, the East Coast Main Line, and several other routes. ScotRail is currently increasing their usage on long-distance routes, using the very trains that are being decommissioned by GWR.

The BBC apparently thinks GWR is the only train company, possibly because the Paddington to Bristol route is the one the news editors' wives and children take to get to their weekend cottages in the Cotswolds.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    That story's a load of bollocks. InterCity 125s, aka HSTs, are still in daily use on the Midland Main Line, the East Coast Main Line, and several other routes. ScotRail is currently increasing their usage on long-distance routes, using the very trains that are being decommissioned by GWR.

The BBC apparently thinks GWR is the only train company, possibly because the Paddington to Bristol route is the one the news editors' wives and children take to get to their weekend cottages in the Cotswolds.
    Announcing its the last service is a great way of flogging tickets to railway types though. They pay a fortune for that stuff.

Contractor Among Contractors

Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post

That is true. Hull Trains loans a few to run from Hull to London when all their rolling stock broke down. they started running them as of end of Jan this year.

Banned

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Yes the howl used to be ear splitting.

The luxury of aircon back in 1976 was remarkable.

The seats on the Hirohito's Revenge units are disgraceful.

Like sitting on a plank.

Not to mention the joy of figuring out whether or not you're in a carriage where the doors will open to let you off.
    They used to run the prototype through here in the years leading up to the introduction of the HSTs. That was loud too - I can remember because my schoolyard was right next to the train tracks.

I was under the impression that they were going to continue with the HSTs on the Paddington- Exeter route for the foreseeable future. The line isn't even electrified yet.
    Shame because it is a faster route into London but I'll just use SWT from Gillingham from now on to avoid those ghastly hard seats. Cheaper too.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

recorded this ICE Bahn leaving Pasing the other week..

“We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post

WGAS??
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    WGAS??
    Do you mind! Its the highlight of Scoot's life so far this year!

We will have to crowd fund for therapy if you carry on being beastly. Anyone would think this was general or something.....

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    you really are a twat, mr ackeroff.

sorry, - ivan.
    you misspelt it

its wackoff!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post

why am I not surprised spooter is a train spooter?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

I did not hear the zug fahrt.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.