• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is liberalism obsolete?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    If he can fire John Bolton that would be nice
    Replace him with Ron Burgundy and it will be a while before anyone notices.

Comment

Parts of what might be called the "liberal order" are in trouble, for sure, and have been for years. But I find it hard to take much interest in the words of a guy who has been in power for 19 years. When he holds a proper election, and journalists stop dying, I'll come back and type a longer answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You are listing a subset of people who someone might disagree with. That is not the same as all people who someone disagrees with.

HTH
        You said;
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I'm trying to think of anyone who does that
        i.e. nobody does that in the mind of OG...

Then, I provided some examples of some people doing exactly that, to disprove your implied statement.

That's why I bolded "I'm trying to think" and told you THAT was your problem.
        It wasn't that people don't do it, it's just that you can't think (or use google apparently)

HTH BIDI
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

He's definitely cashing in on the silent majority of people who are happy to let others live their lives however they choose but are getting a bit sick of 'diversity' being force-ably rammed down their throats everywhere they look.

It's not hard to appeal to the masses who are a fed up with fanatical liberals and leftists calling anyone who disagrees with them a nazi/racist etc. This is why Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan and other 'alt right' figures are so popular. Vlad knows exactly how to exploit this.
          I'm trying to think of anyone who does that. I disagree with Vince Cable, but I wouldn't call him a Nazi or racist.

Sound like Alt right political correctness to me. Trying to shut down debate and free speech
          Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Your issue has been bolded.

To save everyone some time, here;

Trump supporters called Nazis

Jordan Peterson called Nazi

Looks more like 'the left' are attempting to stifle debate via labelling those they disagree with, Nazis...
          (and your alt right comment is disproven by the examples above btw)

Perhaps you will learn how to use google at some point.
          You said;
          i.e. nobody does that in the mind of OG...

Then, I provided some examples of some people doing exactly that, to disprove your implied statement.

That's why I bolded "I'm trying to think" and told you THAT was your problem.
          It wasn't that people don't do it, it's just that you can't think (or use google apparently)

HTH BIDI
          Where did you provide an example of some people who call anyone who disagrees with them a nazi/racist etc? As opposed to calling some people who disagree with them a nazi/racist etc.

Comment

Where did you provide an example of some people who call anyone who disagrees with them a nazi/racist etc? As opposed to calling some people who disagree with them a nazi/racist etc.
            Exactly what kind of evidence (and what format) did you have in mind, that could persuade you?

A live stream of someone's entire life?

It must not be happening and there must be some other cause to the effect, repeatedly posted by Jog On;
            Originally posted by Jog On
            This is why Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan and other 'alt right' figures are so popular. Vlad knows exactly how to exploit this.
            Time and time again, they have been barracked by people trying to shut down their speech/make their speech worthless by aggressive false labelling. Correlation is not necessarily = to causation yes, but it's reasonably obvious (to most) after the Cathy Newman interview, that he (JP) has a principled position and is obviously not a Nazi...

by all means people can bury their heads in the sand again, and that's why Trump 2020 will no doubt shock them, again.
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Exactly what kind of evidence (and what format) did you have in mind, that could persuade you?

A live stream of someone's entire life?

It must not be happening and there must be some other cause to the effect, repeatedly posted by Jog On;
              First things first. Havre you accepted that all you did was post evidence that some people called Trump supporters Nazis and call JP a Nazi, and this does not constitute evidence (let alone proof) that there are fanatical liberals / leftists who are calling anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi or racist?

Comment

First things first. Havre you accepted that all you did was post evidence that some people called Trump supporters Nazis and call JP a Nazi, and this does not constitute evidence (let alone proof) that there are fanatical liberals / leftists who are calling anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi or racist?
                That is implied in my post, thought you would have been able to comprehend that.
                For the avoidance of doubt, yes.

Now,
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

That is implied in my post, thought you would have been able to comprehend that.
                  For the avoidance of doubt, yes.

Now,
                  Hang on a minute. In what way does evidence that some people call Trump supporters Nazis constitute evidence that some people call anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi?

Comment

Hang on a minute. In what way does evidence that some people call Trump supporters Nazis constitute evidence that some people call anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi?
                    Why do you care about this point so much?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Why do you care about this point so much?
                      I had let it go, but Bean is back with his inability to understand sets and subsets, so it's fun to watch a cretin dig himself into a logical fallacy hole. Next up, maybe he'll hide behind an accusation of pedantry to try to deflect from his error. Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                      X