Minister announces end to new-build leaseholds Minister announces end to new-build leaseholds - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Problem is that as more leaseholders are involved the harder it is to get a decision. Probably best if large blocks are professionally managed.
    The key is for the flat leaseholders to own freehold via corp entity (plus have long like mine leaseholders of 900+ years with peppercorn rent), for houses leaseholding does not make sense

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Yes and that’s why leaseholds on flats like mine should work via freehold assigned to the company in which leaseholders own equal shares - this way service fee is managed but no crazy tulip can happen as easily as in most new big tower flats
    In which case you need to pay special attention to the running of the Freehold Ltd Co. Make sure the company does not get into a situation whereby it can have a compulsory winding-up order. Make sure it has a substantial sink (sinking) fund for unseen eventualities.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Fingers like lightning

Martin@AS Financial 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Problem is that as more leaseholders are involved the harder it is to get a decision. Probably best if large blocks are professionally managed.
    The issue is that there are not enough good quality management agents. The vast majority that i have dealt with have been utterly woeful and tend to side with the freeholder.

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    The issue is that there are not enough good quality management agents. The vast majority that i have dealt with have been utterly woeful and tend to side with the freeholder.
    That's the whole point - I am effectively a freeholder by virtue of owning part of the company that owns freehold, the management company that actually does work in the building is hired by the company that owns freehold, ie - us (I am one of the Directors there), we approve things to be done.

Granted it's a small block of just 8 flats, a lot easier to deal with fewer people involved.

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

sounds like an area that needs legislation then.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    In which case you need to pay special attention to the running of the Freehold Ltd Co. Make sure the company does not get into a situation whereby it can have a compulsory winding-up order. Make sure it has a substantial sink (sinking) fund for unseen eventualities.

precisely or they run up the list of shared jobs and they sell their flat before the bill becomes due.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Fingers like lightning

Martin@AS Financial 's job has never been outsourced

Default Leasehold: a Mortgage Strategy investigation