Boris Johnson drops target for getting annual net migration below 100,000 Boris Johnson drops target for getting annual net migration below 100,000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default Boris Johnson drops target for getting annual net migration below 100,000


  2. #2

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,591

    Default

    Per month

    Always read the small print.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,176

    Default

    The additional immigrants will be needed to staff the booming jam, tea and biscuit export sectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #4

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,771

    Default

    He's not interested in a numbers game. These numbers include:
    Parliamentary Majority of 2
    £39bn in pre-agreed funding
    £350million a week to fund the NHS and other things
    99 days to the current Brexit day
    £61k the amount that Vote Leave had to pay for breaking electoral law
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  5. #5

    Super poster

    ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,436

    Default

    The target was always a toxic policy and a figure that could never be met. Dropping it is a sensible approach. I await to see what it's replaced with.

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    The target was always a toxic policy and a figure that could never be met. Dropping it is a sensible approach. I await to see what it's replaced with.
    Unlimited immigration of IT pros under “Australian points based system”

    Enjoy!

  7. #7

    Super poster

    ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Unlimited immigration of IT pros under “Australian points based system”

    Enjoy!
    That's not what I said and you know it. Unlimited immigration is not the way forward.

    I do think that May, in her time as Home Secretary which continued while PM, put in place some horribly toxic policies when there is a better way to manage how we import the skills we need without detriment to the local workforce.

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's not what I said and you know it. Unlimited immigration is not the way forward.

    I do think that May, in her time as Home Secretary which continued while PM, put in place some horribly toxic policies when there is a better way to manage how we import the skills we need without detriment to the local workforce.
    unfortunately after decades of failing to manage migration we need id cards but no one has the guts to do that.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    unfortunately after decades of failing to manage migration we need id cards but no one has the guts to do that.
    How the fook id cards would help in IT?

  10. #10

    Super poster

    ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    How the fook id cards would help in IT?
    This may come as a shock to you, so do sit down:

    IT is not the centre of the world. A handy component, yes, but not the be all and end all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •