• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I believe that my assessment of "overcoming the cotton ceiling" is correct. Its behaviours are coercive and its goal is the total and complete acceptance of the fabrication that trans-women are literally women. The conclusion of which is that if TWAW then lesbians are bigots for not accepting dick without question. This is hugely damaging to those young people for whom discovering who they are and how they want to live is already a lonely and painful journey.
    It's telling that the majority of the most vocal, bullying TAs are trans-women. Their wroth is directed at women, especially feminists and lesbians. They rarely have a pop at men.

Trans-men are generally a lot more peaceful.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I need to stop reading this thread.
      I mostly posted it for the a-gender pun.

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
      Not all trans women are pre op though. Are you sure you're not confused about the difference between transgender & transvestite
      The former are obsessed with sexual identity, the latter think it is utterly unimportant.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I think you misunderstand my post. By Gay I mean the trans "boy" likes boys! So considering "he" was originally a "she", how can "he" be gay?
        If you don't understand it, or don't want to, then don't try. Just live and let live and don't judge people

Edit: this isn't aimed at you specifically, it's a general statement aimed at each of us.
        Last edited by Whorty; 10 September 2019, 08:55.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Not all trans women are pre op though. Are you sure you're not confused about the difference between transgender & transvestite? I think your view is very general & quite narrow minded, but then maybe you're speaking from experience. I don't know. Either way, you're entitled to your opinion I suppose. Just be careful you're not verging on the transphobic.
          And there it is: "trans-phobic". A term that has lost so much of its weight through mis- and over-use as to be meaningless in contemporary discourse. People can live how they please; good luck to them I say. HOWEVER, I draw a very firm line at people's belief systems and mental health issues encroaching upon the safety, well-being, and sex-based rights of women... a population that has been regarded as little more than property throughout history because of their reproductive ability; their sex.

2020 will see biological men compete openly in women's sports at the Tokyo Olympics. We are already seeing biological men competing at regional and national levels around the world and mediocre males pushing elite females out of their competitive fields. Serious injuries are also being inflicted upon females in contact sports that have been infiltrated by self-identifying women.

Biology must have primacy over men's feelz.

And no, I have no personal experience of these matters. I simply prefer to be better informed.
          Last edited by wattaj; 10 September 2019, 09:41. Reason: Clarity.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You're really struggling with this, aren't you?
            Nope, I just find it strange that a girl becomes a boy, fancies boys and labels themselves as "gay".

Oh well.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Yeah, fair point, I was at work and it wasn't appropriate to google the correct terms It was dredged up from what I'd read at college during my human biology A-Level so appreciate that medical science has moved on.
              Soz, I fell down the "trans" rabbit-hole last year when I started to follow @Glinner on the Twitter. And then a few of his feminist/academic followers... it's been a journey.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

And there it is: "trans-phobic". A term that has lost so much of its weight through mis- and over-use as to be meaningless in contemporary discourse. People can live how they please; good luck to them I say. HOWEVER, I draw a very firm line at people's belief systems and mental health issues encroaching upon the safety, well-being, and sex-based rights of women... a population that has been regarded as little more than property throughout history because of their reproductive ability; their sex.

2020 will see biological men compete openly in women's sports at the Tokyo Olympics. We are already seeing biological men competing at regional and national levels around the world and mediocre males pushing elite females out of their competitive fields. Serious injuries are also being inflicted upon females in contact sports that have been infiltrated by self-identifying women.

Biology has to have primacy over men's feelz.

And no, I have no personal experience of these matters. I simply prefer to be better informed.
                But you are being transphobic. You're perfectly entitled to have a view or make a judgement on an individual based on their actions but in this case you seem to have a negative view of ALL trans women despite never having met them all. That's exactly the same as having a negative view of someone just because they're black, gay, male, female, old, young, etc. It definitely doesn't sound like you're happy for them to live like they please.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

But you are being transphobic. You're perfectly entitled to have a view or make a judgement on an individual based on their actions but in this case you seem to have a negative view of ALL trans women despite never having met them all. That's exactly the same as having a negative view of someone just because they're black, gay, male, female, old, young, etc. It definitely doesn't sound like you're happy for them to live like they please.
                  I will repeat for the cheap seats: people can live as they please... as long as how they please does not negatively impact upon others. Particularly where those others are an already marginalised group.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

But you are being transphobic.
                    As evidenced by what exactly?
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

As evidenced by what exactly?
                      As I said. By having a negative view of an entire group of people based only on the fact that they are transgender.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                      X