• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mental Health and suicide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mental Health and suicide

There's a lot of stuff about mental health on social media, and we see this reflected on CUK too.

Rather than just retweeting/reposting, take half an hour out of your day to go through this training

Zero Suicide Alliance - Homepage

It could help save a life.

My brother hung himself in Feb. https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2635926

While hanging himself the door frame broke. So he died from strangulation rather than a broken neck. His death even made the wail. Retired Army Major Michael Tovell hanged himself in his home South Oxfordshire | Daily Mail Online . Of course, quite alot of their facts are wrong.

Interestingly I still only feel anger towards him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      My brother hung himself in Feb. https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2635926

While hanging himself the door frame broke. So he died from strangulation rather than a broken neck. His death even made the wail. Retired Army Major Michael Tovell hanged himself in his home South Oxfordshire | Daily Mail Online . Of course, quite alot of their facts are wrong.

Interestingly I still only feel anger towards him.

Comment

Very sad that Brillo, condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Comment

One of my cousins hung himself many, many years ago in the woodlands around Woking. Found by a dog walker, IIRC. He had fallen in with a dodgy crowd and didn't see a way out.

The girlfriend of another cousin hung herself in the stairwell of the house they shared some years ago. I am not sure what lead to her making that decision; by all accounts she was intelligent, successful, enjoying life.

I followed the training MS linked to last night. It's simple enough, and basically common sense. Don't be afraid to ask people how they are and always be willing to listen to the answer.

Comment

Not always isolated misfits etc that have these problems. Lady I know was in hospital with severe depression a few years back and she was one of the most outgoing sociable people I've ever met.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Recently in our family a husband suffocated himself with helium. His Italian spouse was mortified after the referendum when he referred to her as an immigrant. Their marriage never recovered. He left two children behind.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X