• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antisemitism in Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    The funny thing is that any 5 year old can shoot holes in religion and there are grown ups actually wasting their lives and considerable amounts of money worshipping some imaginary thing, made up by illiterate sheepfeckers in the desert 3000 years ago and think they know better then science.
    Science. Total facts. Never wrong.

I agree with your comments on religion. But to claim science is much better is falling into the same trap as the religious nutters.

Comment

I don't know why people always think science is an argument against religion.

I mean God invented it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I don't know why people always think science is an argument against religion.

I mean God invented it.
        "Science explains the how. Religion explains the why" is what I have heard.

My issue is people who think "science" is always right.....

Comment

The funny thing is that any 5 year old can shoot holes in religion and there are grown ups actually wasting their lives and considerable amounts of money worshipping some imaginary thing, made up by illiterate sheepfeckers in the desert 3000 years ago and think they know better then science.
          Keep telling yourself such fairy tales if you find it a comfort.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Keep telling yourself such fairy tales if you find it a comfort.
            Nice to see the ironing is still getting done!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Science should always be evolving.
              The problem comes when someone believes one piece of science and refuses to accept something that comes along and improves or changes the earlier piece.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not saying science is always right, new theories get proposed, refined, rejected or accepted all the time. At least they are not saying Noah had couples of all land animals on his ark (how did kangaroos get there?)
                It says so in the bible, so it is true, not looking if there is any evidence to support this, end of discussion

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Science should always be evolving.
                  The problem comes when someone believes one piece of science and refuses to accept something that comes along and improves or changes the earlier piece.
                  I think everyone on CUK understands that.

But most plebs don't.

They see religion as a load of nonsense. And science as a truth.

And the worst science of all - statistics.....

Comment

At least they are not saying Noah had couples of all land animals on his ark
                    Christianity sees old testament as a fairy story preparing for the new testament.

All religions need banning.

Comment

Christianity sees old testament as a fairy story preparing for the new testament.

All religions need banning.
                      Nothing wrong with bit of auld fire and brimstone!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X