Are IPSE rebranding (again)? Are IPSE rebranding (again)? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus 's job has never been outsourced

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,064

    Default The Law only applies to little people, not IPSE

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Well They'd better sort out that website cos it's illegal at the moment,
    I had a go at IPSE for selling financial products outside their FCA remit. They simply banned me.

    Bunch of thugs.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  2. #12

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,816

    Default

    I thought they'd already rebranded as 'ITISON' or 'Wowcher' or some tulipe like that.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  3. #13

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Yet there was a question on here very recently about maternity pay, and rural broadband is pretty damned serious if you live in some of the nicer parts of the country and trying to earn a living and are faced with speeds barely better than 3G. In our village of some 12,000 people I get 28Mbs on a FTTC link, which is bad enough, but three miles away it's usually less than 2Mbs
    Indeed. Hence the use of the word "most".

  4. #14

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Yet there was a question on here very recently about maternity pay, and rural broadband is pretty damned serious if you live in some of the nicer parts of the country and trying to earn a living and are faced with speeds barely better than 3G. In our village of some 12,000 people I get 28Mbs on a FTTC link, which is bad enough, but three miles away it's usually less than 2Mbs
    If you want better broadband in your area, perhaps you should all club together and pay for it.

    It’s not exactly free to provide, why should the rest of us pay for your choice of lifestyle. Amirite?

  5. #15

    Super poster

    Scruff is NOT a disguised employee

    Scruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Leafy Surrey (Lahndahn Tahn)
    Posts
    2,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Well They'd better sort out that website cos it's illegal at the moment, particularly when this is in the T&C's....
    IPSE couldn't care less about their traditional Members. They are generally apathetic and non-participatory, only concerned about the IR35 and other Insurances, offered under the IPSE banner.

    If the executive want to make wholesale changes, then they have the tools at their disposal to push through amendments to the Articles of Association. In this case, the Company that owns Freelance Corner, has adopted the Model Articles of Association provided in terms of the Companies Act.

    In my opinion, IPSE has become irrelevant, since they abolished the Consultative Council (who asked too many uncomfortable questions about IPSE's policies, strategies and tactical operations).
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

  6. #16

    Contractor Among Contractors

    JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    I had a go at IPSE for selling financial products outside their FCA remit. They simply banned me.

    Bunch of thugs.
    they banned me for posting a different angle on the chiefs and indians quip, calling it racist.

  7. #17

    Contractor Among Contractors

    JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    IPSE couldn't care less about their traditional Members. They are generally apathetic and non-participatory, only concerned about the IR35 and other Insurances, offered under the IPSE banner.

    If the executive want to make wholesale changes, then they have the tools at their disposal to push through amendments to the Articles of Association. In this case, the Company that owns Freelance Corner, has adopted the Model Articles of Association provided in terms of the Companies Act.

    In my opinion, IPSE has become irrelevant, since they abolished the Consultative Council (who asked too many uncomfortable questions about IPSE's policies, strategies and tactical operations).
    IPSE couldn't care less about their traditional Members
    I claimed this in so many words a long time ago. I guess many of those members will not require IPSE from April 2020.

  8. #18

    Fingers like lightning

    GhostofTarbera is NOT a disguised employee

    GhostofTarbera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Yet there was a question on here very recently about maternity pay, and rural broadband is pretty damned serious if you live in some of the nicer parts of the country and trying to earn a living and are faced with speeds barely better than 3G. In our village of some 12,000 people I get 28Mbs on a FTTC link, which is bad enough, but three miles away it's usually less than 2Mbs
    I don’t have a village pub or big 6 bedroom rural house (for £300k) I demand these in London if we are all to be equal


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  9. #19

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    they banned me for posting a different angle on the chiefs and indians quip, calling it racist.
    Well, when you're referring to people of Indian origin in your quip, it is easy to interpret as racist - indeed it made me squirm (although I did not report it, largely due to apathy)

  10. #20

    Nervous Newbie

    openstrike is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •