• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Christmas tree thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Christmas tree thread

Mines up and it's a whooper. Anyone else erected theirs yet?
    Make Mercia Great Again!

no.
    feck off
    bah, humbug

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      Rather short and limp and tired looking, barely lights up. Tried to insert a fairy but no luck there either.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My wife is not well enough to erect mine anymore, and I can't be bothered. Her friend comes over for the weekend usually to help. She'll be here the weekend of 13th Dec to get mine up.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Got an advent calendar with 24 windows. I am going to knock one out every day.

Comment

Don't bother. I do stick some lights around the front room though.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Got an advent calendar with 24 windows. I am going to knock one out every day.
              Will this be at home, in the morning, or is it on your desk at work?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                No, it was on the plan but I spent the day trying to fix my washing machine instead. It's fixed now but I've no idea why because all I did take the things to bits and put it back together after finding no obvious faulty parts.

The only new decoration I've got this year is one of those indoor projectors that projects onto your window. I bought it for for Halloween (zombies clawing at blinds with groaning sound effects). The projector also has a Christmas mode of Santa waving, laughing and jiggling his belly about.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Tried to insert a fairy
                  I thought that was my job

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Don't bother. I do stick some lights around the front room though.
                    Bah.

Humbug.

I switch on the minefield on the roof to see if I can get that Santa fella and have some nice reindeer steaks for Xmas lunch.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X