salary/rate information salary/rate information - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 36

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor

That's a legitimate English word; and spelling. I'd forgotten how pointless it was posting in general.

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    That's a legitimate English word; and spelling. I'd forgotten how pointless it was posting in general.
    yep
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Anyone got an genius on figuring out the market rates for a particular niche skill? I've been permie and contractor in turn sine 2007 - rates and salaries are basically the same (in some cases lower). I am wondering if that's just because I'm tulipe or if it's a general thing.
    You really can't see those two errors yourself? I can't even work out what the first error was supposed to say!

I'm afraid to say you have been unsuccessful this time
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

I'd forgotten how pointless it was posting in general.
    You asked a question, I gave you a genuine answer. If I'm allowed to offer a good rate, I get good candidates with slick CVs. If yours has mistakes it won't make the cut and I will bin it.

If I only secure a low rate, I won't be able to get the top contractors apply as they won't be interested. I will, therefore, I be passed the second tier contractors with weak, error strewn, CVs.

If you're not seeing rates increase, ask yourself how slick your CV is? It's the first thing we see as managers. It's your 'marketing'. It's what gets your foot in the door for an interview.

If you think this advice is tulip then that is your problem fella. I'm trying to help you, but do you want to be helped?

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    You asked a question, I gave you a genuine answer. If I'm allowed to offer a good rate, I get good candidates with slick CVs. If yours has mistakes it won't make the cut and I will bin it.

If I only secure a low rate, I won't be able to get the top contractors apply as they won't be interested. I will, therefore, I be passed the second tier contractors with weak, error strewn, CVs.

If you're not seeing rates increase, ask yourself how slick your CV is? It's the first thing we see as managers. It's your 'marketing'. It's what gets your foot in the door for an interview.

If you think this advice is tulip then that is your problem fella. I'm trying to help you, but do you want to be helped?
    Blimey - you're right. I am 99% sure my CV isn't littered with very obvious rubbish like that - but I read and re-read the post without seeing the errors, so I definitely need to double check. Thanks.

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

Blimey - you're right. I am 99% sure my CV isn't littered with very obvious rubbish like that - but I read and re-read the post without seeing the errors, so I definitely need to double check. Thanks.
    It's very easy to become blind to the simplest of mistakes when you've stared at the same document for a long time. Always get someone else to proof read after an update, especially so if you know you're not all that hot at spelling or grammar, etc.

Contractor Among Contractors

JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's very easy to become blind to the simplest of mistakes when you've stared at the same document for a long time. Always get someone else to proof read after an update, especially so if you know you're not all that hot at spelling or grammar, etc.
    It's well known that our brains automatically correct spelling mistakes in words that we read. Even if the letters in a word are jumbled up, then our brains will interpret it correctly. Getting anything important proof read is clearly good advice, however, given what our brains compensate for, it would be more constructive to ask a poster to review their post to clarify any confusing or mis-spelt words, rather than taking the opportunity to vilify them.

Why your brain can read jumbled letters | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Super poster

DoctorStrangelove is always on top

I'd forgotten how pointless it was posting in general.
    "Abandon hope all ye who enter here, seriously"
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    "Abandon hope all ye who enter here, seriously"
    Oh, I don't know ... I enjoy myself both here and in the sub-forum

As long as you aren't easily triggered, or take life or yourself too seriously, you'll be fine

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Oh, I don't know ... I enjoy myself both here and in the sub-forum

As long as you aren't easily triggered, or take life or yourself too seriously, you'll be fine
    Says the big, fat, bald, lion molester.

Btw, paying to go on a safari doesn't make you a wildlife warden or master of the Serengeti. Just saying, like...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.