• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What have you bought the one you love this Christmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The LG has a shiny stand and you can stack them, so will buy another soon.

And this:

While the Samsung CHG90 has the same size and aspect ratio as these two monitors, its native resolution is just 3,840 by 1,080 pixels. This translates to a relatively low pixel density of 81 pixels per inch (ppi) and a screen that was not particularly sharp in our testing. The 49WL95C-W has a higher pixel density of 106 pixels per inch (ppi)—the same as the Dell UltraSharp 49—and its image quality for text, photos, and video is good.

I use it for programming and trading, so refresh rate and response time is not as important as resolution and image quality.
    The comparable Samsung to the LG is this (5,120 x 1,440):

QLED Gaming Monitor | Dual QHD Display

Not sure you can stack the Samsung, but HDR might make it worth it...
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

Looks cheap. The LG looks expensive (and is).

Comment

Bought her a custom made new brigandine!

Some Star Trek and Marvel stuff too and a 'Mouse Rat' T-shirt as she loves that band.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Nothing.

I've got all the toys and useless tat I don't want already.

I'm looking for a sled supplier now due to the oncoming hard winter, but the tat shop closed down some years ago.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Looks cheap. The LG looks expensive (and is).
            60hz is fine then if your eyesight is so bad ;-)

Comment

I dont want any gifts and i do not want to gift anything to anybody
              I hate this consumer culture. If someone wants something they should buy it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

I went with this one and it helps when playing Fifa, erm I mean programming.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I went with this one and it helps when playing Fifa, erm I mean programming.
                  More of a Pro Evo man myself...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    More of a Pro Evo man myself...
                    I'm tempted to move over, fifa is annoying the hell out of me. If you have a winning streak and play someone of less ability it "throttles" your ability to pass and shoot, like walking through jelly.

It's just a shame Pro Evo doesn't have the teams and the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      I dont want any gifts and i do not want to gift anything to anybody
                      I hate this consumer culture. If someone wants something they should buy it themselves.
                      I think you'll find the OP did exactly that

Comment

Working...
                      X