Greta has done a Corbyn Greta has done a Corbyn - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 45

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I've decided to make a snap decision that anyone who has anything negative to say about her is just a bit of a <modsnip>.
    Sweeping generalisation! A major first for CUK.

Of course, she is perfect. Never sinned.....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Godlike

DoctorStrangelove has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Fear.
    Surprise and ruthless efficiency?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    I adore this argument - it's like a demonstration in failed analysis. Let's pick on one point:

I've never seen so many cars outside schools

And how many young children are in a position to request, nay, demand - that their parents have two cars and drop them off at school? Do you not think that, just maybe, when considering what children have and don't have, you should look to the parents?

Sorry to pick on you LM, but this line of thinking boggles my mind.
    Pick all you want. You're wrong, certainly in my experience
    Kids at primary school want to walk with their mates once they're in Y5. It makes them feel older and cooler. Unless they're lazy.

Again, it could be parents insisting (paranoia induced by the tabloids) but surely if it's the parents being lazy and the school's in a different direction, it's easier to wave them off and take the extra time?

Peer pressure - must have, must have, must have. Latest gadgets, trainers, whatever. Weak parents? But how weak - do you want to see your kids picked on because they've got the wrong logo on their school bag? How many of the 30/40-somethings here had a Head bag in the 80s/90s for example? Would you be seen dead in HiTec trainers? Adidas 4-stripes?

I'm sure it does boggle the mind if you still live in a VW camper
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Super poster

GhostofTarbera - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Pick all you want. You're wrong, certainly in my experience
    Kids at primary school want to walk with their mates once they're in Y5. It makes them feel older and cooler. Unless they're lazy.

Again, it could be parents insisting (paranoia induced by the tabloids) but surely if it's the parents being lazy and the school's in a different direction, it's easier to wave them off and take the extra time?

Peer pressure - must have, must have, must have. Latest gadgets, trainers, whatever. Weak parents? But how weak - do you want to see your kids picked on because they've got the wrong logo on their school bag? How many of the 30/40-somethings here had a Head bag in the 80s/90s for example? Would you be seen dead in HiTec trainers? Adidas 4-stripes?

I'm sure it does boggle the mind if you still live in a VW camper
    What’s a head bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Greta doesn't bother me - she's just a kid. But the PR machine and the way that the politicians and environmentalists try to use her for their own ends is pretty sickening. I also blame her parents - I know she's autistic to an extent, but to be so emotionally concerned about these things - what appears to be extreme existential angst - is taught. It's either exploitation or egregious stupidity. Possibly both.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

If I want to read the ill informed and under-educated opinions of a child like simpleton with possible mental health issues, I will wait until sasguru comes back.

HTH BIDI

Double Godlike!

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If I want to read the ill informed and under-educated opinions of a child like simpleton with possible mental health issues, I will wait until sasguru comes back.

HTH BIDI
    or talk to some of your six toed, banjo playing neighbours in Swindon
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Greta doesn't bother me - she's just a kid. But the PR machine and the way that the politicians and environmentalists try to use her for their own ends is pretty sickening. I also blame her parents - I know she's autistic to an extent, but to be so emotionally concerned about these things - what appears to be extreme existential angst - is taught. It's either exploitation or egregious stupidity. Possibly both.
    At least she is spending her time on science rather than religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    At least she is spending her time on science rather than religion.
    To her climate change is a religion. Meanwhile millions die from preventable diseases, poor sanitation and poverty. And yet she is terrified on some meaningless "global average" temperature rise which is less than the change that occurs in 1 minute on any average day.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    To her climate change is a religion.
    No, it isn't. She is asking that people listen to and heed the scientific consensus (as opposed to listening to ill-informed opinions like yours).

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018