• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would Jesus’s say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Thank goodness for the atheists. No atheistic regime has ever committed mass murder. And the ones who haven't been busy persecuting others have really reached out toward the poor, sick and imprisoned. You should pat yourselves on the back because you're such good people.
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    'atheists' aren't a homogeneous group unlike those who follow a religion and share common beliefs and values. So yes, there have been atheists that have committed atrocities but I don't relate to their beliefs, values or motivations.

And for the record, I wasn't having a go at Christianity with my comment - if you read what I was responding to you will see. Unfortunately you have gone all knee-jerk on us

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Don't worry, it's just a lovers tiff. We both still agree that you're a twunt
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Don't worry, it's just a lovers tiff. We both still agree that you're a twunt
        yep, that figures.

Comment

'atheists' aren't a homogeneous group unlike those who follow a religion and share common beliefs and values.
          Say wut? I probably share more common beliefs and values with originalPM than I do with any Christian you know. (I've met originalPM and of all the people at that meeting, he's probably the one whose company I most enjoyed).

You never will, but if you looked into what individual people actually believe, you'll find it isn't quite so homogenous as your irrational, knee-jerk anti-religionist leanings might lead you to think.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Thank goodness for the atheists. No atheistic regime has ever committed mass murder. And the ones who haven't been busy persecuting others have really reached out toward the poor, sick and imprisoned. You should pat yourselves on the back because you're such good people.
            No atheistic regime has ever committed mass murder
            I guess you wouldn't call the Nazis atheists then?

Comment

Yeah, too right. Jesus is important to both Christians and Muslims and they've both shown their tolerance over the centuries .... it's those other religions that we need to watch out for

But, what would he say today ..... "I hate this bloody time of year .... birthday and Christmas on the same day and the relations are all tight and only give me one present!"
              Jesus is important to both Christians and Muslims
              I don't know in what context you use the word important, but it's no secret that Muslims despise all other religions. As far as Christ is concerned, they don't believe he died on the cross, whatever religious connotations people make of it. I don't know what their perspective of the other religions is, but clearly they have no qualms about destroying historical artefacts related to some religions. In many places in Africa, especially in Nigeria and Egypt, the Muslims are constantly murdering Christians, but we see little of this in the media.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                I don't know in what context you use the word important, but it's no secret that Muslims despise all other religions. As far as Christ is concerned, they don't believe he died on the cross, whatever religious connotations people make of it. I don't know what their perspective of the other religions is, but clearly they have no qualms about destroying historical artefacts related to some religions. In many places in Africa, especially in Nigeria and Egypt, the Muslims are constantly murdering Christians, but we see little of this in the media.
                You are making a gross generalisation based upon, one can only assume, your obviously very limited knowledge of terrorist groups in the Middle East and Africa.

Perhaps you might like to reconsider?
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  You are making a gross generalisation based upon, one can only assume, your obviously very limited knowledge of terrorist groups in the Middle East and Africa.

fat chance. don't you know JohntheBore knows everything about everything??
                  and can drone on about it it with unremitting tedious regularity.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

There are regular reports in our parish magazine often with specifically named people who have been murdered by Muslims both in Egypt and Nigeria.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Let’s pretend Jesus’s was alive today

What would he say ?
                      Fwc me, I'm old

Comment

Working...
                      X