• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would Jesus’s say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    We know what a snake is. A pygmy has no concept of the speed or damage a road vehicle would cause.
    but he would have so for a rhino, which can be as fast as a car and I suspect more dangerous. Perhaps he would view a car as he would a rhino?

Comment

We know what a snake is. A pygmy has no concept of the speed or damage a road vehicle would cause.
      You might know what the snake is, but not where the snake is. Or for that matter, where any of the many venomous or dangerous animals are.

And you would be wrong to assume the pygmy has no concept of speed and size; what a bizarre, ignorant and narrow minded thing to believe. The xenophobia is strong in this one
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        but then the other would probably step on a venomous snake within minutes of arriving.
        Maybe. Maybe not.

On holiday once, with the ex, I spotted a snake on the path we were walking and I had yelped and disappeared up the path, out of harms way, before he even knew what I was making a fuss about

He was a bit grumpy that I didn't throw myself to the ground to protect him and grudgingly mentioned something about me having a good survival instinct

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You might know what the snake is, but not where the snake is. Or for that matter, where any of the many venomous or dangerous animals are.

And you would be wrong to assume the pygmy has no concept of speed and size; what a bizarre, ignorant and narrow minded thing to believe. The xenophobia is strong in this one
          Really? Would you care to point out what was xenophobic about my post? If you feel that strongly then by all means report my post.

Right, back on topic. How big are Rhino in the DRC and just how many are there living in the jungle? Also, how big is your average South American Rhino?

Your post was almost as ridiculous as you are. If you're going to stalk each of my posts then I suggest you up your game.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Really? Would you care to point out what was xenophobic about my post? If you feel that strongly then by all means report my post.

Right, back on topic. How big are Rhino in the DRC and just how many are there living in the jungle? Also, how big is your average South American Rhino?

Your post was almost as ridiculous as you are. If you're going to stalk each of my posts then I suggest you up your game.
            Who mentioned rhino? Not me. Try reading my post before you respond, specifically when posting so late at night after a few fizzy drinks

And you call me ridiculous You fella, need to sit down and give your old brain a bit of rest

As for South America, there are plenty of large, dangerous animals over there. No rhino, for once you have something factually correct, but there are other large mammals to be aware of.

Comment

Who mentioned rhino? Not me. Try reading my post before you respond, specifically when posting so late at night after a few fizzy drinks

And you call me ridiculous You fella, need to sit down and give your old brain a bit of rest

As for South America, there are plenty of large, dangerous animals over there. No rhino, for once you have something factually correct, but there are other large mammals to be aware of.
              Early in the morning, not late at night and certainly not after a few sherberts.

Would you care to mention any particularly large fast South American Mammals indigenous to the rain forests that may prepare our super pygmy for life in modern society? The Tapir, South America's largest mammal? Yep, that certainly resembles a car in size and speed.

Now, if you feel like reporting any of my posts then go ahead. Failing that, go back to your vacuous existence.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Early in the morning, not late at night and certainly not after a few sherberts.

Would you care to mention any particularly large fast South American Mammals indigenous to the rain forests that may prepare our super pygmy for life in modern society? The Tapir, South America's largest mammal? Yep, that certainly resembles a car in size and speed.

Now, if you feel like reporting any of my posts then go ahead. Failing that, go back to your vacuous existence.
                I accept your apology that your post was tulip.

As for reporting you - why would i do that? I love to read your posts, the utter tosh of them cheer me up

As for the Tapir, you really should try to use Google once in a while : (Tapir - Wikipedia)

The creatures are also able to run fairly quickly, considering their size and cumbersome appearance
                Tapirs are generally shy, but when scared they can defend themselves with their very powerful jaws. In 1998, a zookeeper in Oklahoma City was mauled and had an arm severed after opening the door to a female tapir's enclosure to push food inside (the tapir's two-month-old baby also occupied the cage at the time).[37] In 2006, Carlos Manuel Rodriguez Echandi (who was then the Costa Rican Environmental Minister) became lost in the Corcovado National Park and was found by a search party with a "nasty bite" from a wild tapir
                Although, like the rhino, they will try to avoid human contact. Rhinos don't attack by choice, in fact very few animals do attack humans by choice. They will always try to avoid us first and only attack as a last defense. No different to the Tapir then.

You really do need to learn some facts before spouting off, old man.

And as for pygmy tribes, you've made the false assumption that they are only found in South America and hence they won't come into contact with an animal like a rhino or elephant.

The African Pygmies are divided into three roughly geographic groups:

the western Bambenga or Mbenga (Cameroon, Gabon, Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic),
                the eastern Bambuti or Mbuti of the Congo basin (DRC)
                the central and southern Batwa or Twa (Rwanda, Burundi, DRC, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Angola and Namibia). The more widely scattered (and more variable in physiology and lifestyle) Southern Twa are also grouped under the term Pygmoid.
                Go on, have a guess which of the African countries that have pygmy tribes, might have come into contact with a rhino?

Comment

beggar me I'm still pissing people off 2000 years later
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Odd, apparently pygmies have a lifespan of 23 years yet, among us, shorter people live longer. In yer face tall people!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I accept your apology that your post was tulip.

As for reporting you - why would i do that? I love to read your posts, the utter tosh of them cheer me up

As for the Tapir, you really should try to use Google once in a while : (Tapir - Wikipedia)

Although, like the rhino, they will try to avoid human contact. Rhinos don't attack by choice, in fact very few animals do attack humans by choice. They will always try to avoid us first and only attack as a last defense. No different to the Tapir then.

You really do need to learn some facts before spouting off, old man.

And as for pygmy tribes, you've made the false assumption that they are only found in South America and hence they won't come into contact with an animal like a rhino or elephant.

Go on, have a guess which of the African countries that have pygmy tribes, might have come into contact with a rhino?
                      Did I? Funny that, I'm sure I mentioned the DRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X