• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who review, Praxeus: Timely instalment ranks as one of this series''' finest

The comments sum things up rather more concisely.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I watched Star Trek Picard on Amazon Prime and admittedly it was slow in parts but just look at the production quality. Dr Who, is a kids show, woke, pc and preachy but even worse than that it looks tulipty.

Comment

Watched this week's episode, and what cheered me up was how it would get the gammons going all red and angry.

"Not only a woman doctor, but, but, but they have 2 men kissing .... just bloody surprised that that Swedish brat didn't turn up. Maureen dear, I said MAUREEN, can you pass me a napkin, I seem to be dribbling spittle down my chin again"

You guys crack me up. Nothing if not predictable
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Watched this week's episode, and what cheered me up was how it would get the gammons going all red and angry.

"Not only a woman doctor, but, but, but they have 2 men kissing .... just bloody surprised that that Swedish brat didn't turn up. Maureen dear, I said MAUREEN, can you pass me a napkin, I seem to be dribbling spittle down my chin again"

You guys crack me up. Nothing if not predictable
          Troll and dull.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Troll and dull.
            I like the new Doctor (though Doctor Ruth (!) was way cooler). I enjoyed the last series, but this one is just too self-consciously woke. I'm accused of being a gammon and of being a guardian reader. on this forum I can't win.

In the Times today, they said that Attenborough would be back with another series - but it won't be preachy like the last one. I guess the writers of Dr Who didn't get the memo.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm all for conveying a message but it really doesn't need to be laid on with a trowel with a mini lecture in each episode. It's supposed to be light entertainment.

I haven't seen the latest episode yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I'm all for conveying a message but it really doesn't need to be laid on with a trowel with a mini lecture in each episode. It's supposed to be light entertainment.

I haven't seen the latest episode yet.
                don't.
                or be sedated.
                and have a bucket handy.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  don't.
                  or be sedated.
                  and have a bucket handy.
                  Drunk works quite well

The alternate Doctor Who acted the rest of them off the screen.

We want more!

And a fecking story that's worth watching.

As for Whorty, he can go & feck himself, the ******.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Drunk works quite well

We want more!

i've told him that often, but he doesn't understand.
                    and a slap's not possible on the internet, unfortunately

i don't like the PC preaching though, and the meanies could be more violet.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Drunk works quite well

We want more!

Don't get so triggered little fella. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. You lot are like the new century's Mary Whitehouse

As Spuddy would say, you don't have to watch it, Jellyhead
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X