• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Everyone is expecting money printing. Everyone is expected Gold to go through the roof.

I'm betting neither of those two things happen in the near to medium term.
    I thought HK residents were being given money?

Comment

True. If the last 10 years has shown us anything, free money does not help an economy to grow. The markets are now realising this and rejecting free money. This is stiff drink time. This is why I'm bearish on QE & Gold.

In their own words the government of Hong Kong said the $1200 give away per person is aimed at stimulating the economy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        True. If the last 10 years has shown us anything, free money does not help an economy to grow. The markets are now realising this and rejecting free money. This is stiff drink time. This is why I'm bearish on QE & Gold.

In their own words the government of Hong Kong said the $1200 give away per person is aimed at stimulating the economy.
        It always seemed odd to me that the problems of 2008 were caused by too much debt and the solution was more debt.

The only way forward I can think of is hyper inflation in wages but not asset prices.

Is hyper inflation that bad?

Comment

Nationwide House Price Index Feb 20

Key points:

- Annual house price growth edges up to 2.3%, the strongest rate for 18 months

- 0.3% rise month-on-month, after taking account of seasonal factors

Full report:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...0/Feb_2020.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X