• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh no anyone we know?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh no anyone we know?

Man denied Swiss citizenship for not knowing about animals sharing enclosure at his local zoo | Daily Mail Online

Man is denied Swiss citizenship after living in the country for 30 years because he did not know bears and wolves shared an enclosure at his local zoo

• The man didn't know wolves and bears were housed together at a zoo in Arth
    • He had lived in the country for 30 years and ran a successful small business
    • The court ruled yesterday that the Naturalisation Commission had failed to balance their decision

lets hope no one asks about Squirrels !
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The Swiss are notoriously picky about who they let in. Which makes you wonder how one of the congregation managed to slip through. I didn't think the Swiss made "clerical errors"...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's not the Swiss as such, but rather the citizens of the town the man lived in. They've been told their process wasn't fair and they must think again.

@Mordac - any EU citizen can move to Switzerland quite freely. They have three months to find a job. Once settled, any changes to the status of the country of nationality won't affect that. Moving to Switzerland to live and work is easy. Getting citizenship isn't too difficult, but it's expensive, takes two years and you can't apply until you've been there at least ten years.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Is it still compulsary to wear Lederhosen in Switzerland?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is it still compulsary to wear Lederhosen in Switzerland?
          Only if you are hiding nazi gold.

Allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Only if you are hiding nazi gold.

Allegedly.
            So thats why NAT still wears them then. Cheers for explaining.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So thats why NAT still wears them then. Cheers for explaining.
              Well he did not seem to be when I met him - although he could have had them on underneath ready to get them out as soon as he heard the first notes of an Ooompah band.

Probably!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well he did not seem to be when I met him - although he could have had them on underneath...
                I guess you'd didn't hear the squeaking of the leather.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Ah I thought it was creaky chair!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    There were a lot of 'old' people there I thought maybe it was the bones creaking so did not really want to mention it!

Comment

Working...
                    X