• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the government shooting itself in the foot with IR35 with COVID-19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I don't. There is only one elderly I know and the planet would be better off without him. If I get cov19 I will go and say hello to him.
    Please tell me he's a poster on here and voted out in 2016
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      So far, since December, just over 3000 people have died of Covid-19. Each day around the world 40,000 people die of TB, for which there are vaccines. Of course, we don't care about those poor sods as we're mostly safe in the west from TB, but give us the threat of a little cold and we think the sky is falling in.

FFS, HTFU. Unless you're over 70, or more importantly 80, and/or have an underlying respiratory illness, you'll be fine.
      Not sure what youre driving at here. Because TB this means Covid-19 that..

Who doesnt care? You? People on this forum, or just everyone generally? Please dont generalise and try to shame a bunch of strangers on the internet. You have no idea. You also dont sound like you care much about older and weaker people yourself.

Approx 20% of people who get the new coronavirus require hospitalisation (severe and critical). Though less likely it is quite capable of killing a younger healthier person. This isnt a little cold.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Not sure what youre driving at here. Because TB this means Covid-19 that..

Who doesnt care? You? People on this forum, or just everyone generally? Please dont generalise and try to shame a bunch of strangers on the internet. You have no idea. You also dont sound like you care much about older and weaker people yourself.

Approx 20% of people who get the new coronavirus require hospitalisation (severe and critical). Though less likely it is quite capable of killing a younger healthier person. This isnt a little cold.
        Exactly. Once the hospitals get overwhelmed with these cases the death-rate will soar, as is happening now in Iran. Our government has completely underestimated this and the price is going to be phenomenal.

Comment

You snowflakes want to get yourself one of these, you'll feel much better

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            So far, since December, just over 3000 people have died of Covid-19. Each day around the world 40,000 people die of TB, for which there are vaccines. Of course, we don't care about those poor sods as we're mostly safe in the west from TB, but give us the threat of a little cold and we think the sky is falling in.

FFS, HTFU. Unless you're over 70, or more importantly 80, and/or have an underlying respiratory illness, you'll be fine.
            I agree with you...

which is novel!

As does my Professor Health professional mate...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              I agree with you...

which is novel!

As does my Professor Health professional mate...
              That is a first .... I need to check what I wrote as it could be made up bollox

Comment

Working...
              X