• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One way to deal with an aging population I suppose

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First death in UK:

Coronavirus: health authorities confirm first UK death – latest updates | World news | The Guardian

An elderly patient from Berkshire with existing health conditions. Not PhilTheGreek, surely...?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just in case you wanted some graphs etc to compare with.
      Remember there was zero hyperbole for last years deaths.
      ONS

Comment

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Always look on the bright side of...

So you're not planning to reach old age then? Give me a call when you get to 50 and I will take you to Dignitas
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Trump reckons the real mortality rate is way under 1%.

Trump floats his own coronavirus theories on 'Hannity' - POLITICO

And he's super high intelligent, don't you know.
            Exactly how old is Trump?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

One way to deal with an aging population I suppose

Can we get JTB and Mb31 back as statically specking a few forums members will snuff it due to coronavirus and they are really old thus if they snuff it less chance we will surly ????

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Trump reckons the real mortality rate is way under 1%.

Trump floats his own coronavirus theories on 'Hannity' - POLITICO

And he's super high intelligent, don't you know.
                He does not want to find out first hand...

Trump cancels, then re-reschedules trip to CDC after coronavirus scare - POLITICO

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  So you're not planning to reach old age then? Give me a call when you get to 50 and I will take you to Dignitas
                  I'm nearly 60. If I catch the virus, I know I'm at much greater risk of dying than young people but that seems fair to me. I've already enjoyed a full life.

If a virus causes fatalities, better it kills the elderly than the young (IMO).
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I'm nearly 60. If I catch the virus, I know I'm at much greater risk of dying than young people but that seems fair to me. I've already enjoyed a full life.

If a virus causes fatalities, better it kills the elderly than the young (IMO).
                    Speak for yourself...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Exactly how old is Trump?
                      Old enough that he can stop worrying about assassination now.

It's going to be an inneresting election year, I wonder if any of the equally ancient candidates will make it to the finishing line.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X