• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decriminalisation of sex workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Exploitation of women? Ok. If that's what you want to believe.
    Perhaps you would care to explain why it is not?
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      A man always pays for sex. The cost is far higher in a relationship especially marriage.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        A man always pays for sex. The cost is far higher in a relationship especially marriage.
        My mate says his divorce cost his £10000 per bonk in the 3 years they were married to final settlement of £600K

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Protection for the women involved and hopefully move them away from exploitation.

Also, if they are paying NI then they are contributing to cost of the care the NHS provides when dealing with their drug addiction, sexual diseases, injuries from dodgy clients, mental health care and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Also, if they are paying NI then they are contributing to cost of the care the NHS provides when dealing with their drug addiction, sexual diseases, injuries from dodgy clients, mental health care and so on.
            Would it not be cheaper to address those issues upfront through genuine investment in these support services and then get these people back into the workplace as net contributors to society?
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Perhaps you would care to explain why it is not?
              I'm fine with you feeling that women prostitutes are exploited.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

While some women may be forced into it, exploited or trying to deal with drug addition etc that does not describe all sex workers. Some perfectly normal, sometimes married, women choose to do it for the money. Decriminalisation would benefit both types.

PS Except they'd have to pay tax, as atW said. Still, there's always cash in hand, which so many handymen use.
                PPS And decriminalisation may lead to that pensioner's free brothel pass that I'm hoping for.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Would it not be cheaper to address those issues upfront through genuine investment in these support services and then get these people back into the workplace as net contributors to society?
                  I'm all for that. But I doubt your average tax payer/voter will care that much about providing support services to prostitutes when social and mental care is so stretched.

At least the government could actually make some money from putting prostitutes on the books so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I'm all for that. But I doubt your average tax payer/voter will care that much about providing support services to prostitutes when social and mental care is so stretched.

At least the government could actually make some money from putting prostitutes on the books so to speak.
                    1. Investment in support services benefits everyone and not just one specific demographic.

2. Perpetuates patriarchal entitlement to women's (and men's, Brother*) bodies.

* Life of Brian.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      While some women may be forced into it, exploited or trying to deal with drug addition etc that does not describe all sex workers. Some perfectly normal, sometimes married, women choose to do it for the money. Decriminalisation would benefit both types.

PS Except they'd have to pay tax, as atW said. Still, there's always cash in hand, which so many handymen use.
                      PPS And decriminalisation may lead to that pensioner's free brothel pass that I'm hoping for.
                      It doesn't necessarily follow that having somewhere to put it enables you to put it there. Just saying.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X