• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITCA vs IPSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    The problem the new guys will face is the one that defeated PCG as was and why they are now IPSE. Talk to HMG about IR35 and while the MPs may listen, the people who make the decisions are bored of it all and have decided it's a done deal and settled some 15 years ago. After all the new thing is not about IR35, it's about who decides when it applies.

If the new guys come up with a different angle then that's all to the good and I wish them well, but somehow I doubt they'll do so successfully.
    I would give SEA a better chance than all the others - they understand where the battle is - you can be employed, you can be self-employed but there really should be no middle ground. If you want employees you must give them appropriate rights, if you don't want to give them appropriate rights ensure they are self-employed.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I would give SEA a better chance than all the others - they understand where the battle is - you can be employed, you can be self-employed but there really should be no middle ground. If you want employees you must give them appropriate rights, if you don't want to give them appropriate rights ensure they are self-employed.
      Yes, but they're not the first to point that out. I recall several conversations about that over the last four years or so; in fact I was one of those making the same point in 2006.

But (a) HMG aren't interested and (b) it would need a major shake up of several complex systems including tax law to allow that separation while maintaining the protection of low paid and other vulnerable workers in various trades. The only argument that might work is that the new rules as being applied in the real world are destroying that last point, but HMG will not address that for a long time yet.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        What about the self employed Alliance http://sealliance.org.uk/ ?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I use Contractors IT Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I use Contractors IT Alliance.
            I'm a member of Contractors Unwanted National Tax.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              **** off!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                They look like New “PCG” to continue losing the battles others have previously lost already...

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                FTFY

ITCA - you have to admire their amazing sense of timing. Fancy forming a new organisation 3 weeks before it absolutely ceases to be relevant...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I'm a member of Contractors Unwanted National Tax.
                  I heard you were a Complete member and a Total member...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    So IPSE are the Provisionall PCG, SEA are the Continuity PCG and ITCA the Real PCG?
                    Post of the day, well bowled.

qh golf clap
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      So IPSE are the Provisionall PCG, SEA are the Continuity PCG and ITCA the Real PCG?

Comment

Working...
                      X