• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are suppose to start a new thread if you are going to do creative writing.

That way I don't have to wade through crap to read people's attempts.
    Agreed.

Maybe the mods will do the needful

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      MCSWEENY'S LETTER FROM F. SCOTT FITZGERALD, QUARANTINED IN 1920 IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE DURING THE SPANISH INFLUENZA OUTBREAK.

Dearest Rosemary,
      It was a limpid dreary day, hung as in a basket from a single dull star. I thank you for your letter. Outside, I perceive what may be a collection of fallen leaves tussling against a trash can. It rings like jazz to my ears. The streets are that empty. It seems as though the bulk of the city has retreated to their quarters, rightfully so. At this time, it seems very poignant to avoid all public spaces. Even the bars, as I told Hemingway, but to that he punched me in the stomach, to which I asked if he had washed his hands. He hadn’t. He is much the denier, that one. Why, he considers the virus to be just influenza. I’m curious of his sources.

The officials have alerted us to ensure we have a month’s worth of necessities. Zelda and I have stocked up on red wine, whiskey, rum, vermouth, absinthe, white wine, sherry, gin, and lord, if we need it, brandy.

Please pray for us.

You should see the square, oh, it is terrible. I weep for the damned eventualities this future brings. The long afternoons rolling forward slowly on the ever-slick bottomless highball. Z. says it’s no excuse to drink, but I just can’t seem to steady my hand. In the distance, from my brooding perch, the shoreline is cloaked in a dull haze where I can discern an unremitting penance that has been heading this way for a long, long while. And yet, amongst the cracked cloudline of an evening’s cast, I focus on a single strain of light, calling me forth to believe in a better morrow.

Faithfully yours,

F. Scott Fitzgerald

NOTE: This is a work of parody and is not an actual letter written by Fitzgerald.
      Was the original more tulip ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You are suppose to start a new thread if you are going to do creative writing.

That way I don't have to wade through crap to read people's attempts.
        I didn't write it but this seems to apply to some people here looking at the posts:

The officials have alerted us to ensure we have a month’s worth of necessities. Zelda and I have stocked up on red wine, whiskey, rum, vermouth, absinthe, white wine, sherry, gin, and lord, if we need it, brandy.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I see the Russians have just named their first victim: Ivor Chestikov.

Comment

I am down to my last two Brita Filters.

Tough times.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Agreed.

Maybe the mods will do the needful
              Say whut?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The Times goes on to point out that Japanese doctors have also tried using Favipiravir and didn't see these kinds of improvements.
                Ok, I may only be seeing snippets of these articles from the Telegraph then. Here's another one I've come across though.

Source: The Telegraph, by Sarah Knapton

"Hopes that experimental drug redesivir could cure patients of coronavirus has raised after 79-year-old Italian man who tested positive was given the call-clear following treatmen.

The broad-spectrum antiviral was developed by US drug firm Gilead for Ebola and was used to treat the Scottish nurse Pauline Cafferkey when she suffered a relapse 18 months after being cleared of the diseases which she contracted while volunteering in Sierra Leone.

Currently remdesivir is being tested in five Covid-19 clinical trials including by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) on 13 patients hospitalised after contracting coronavirus on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan.

The first person to test positive with the virus in the US was also treated with drug and hs since fully recovered.

A case report in the New England Journal of Medicine said the man began to feel better within one day of being treated with intravenous remdesivir.

On Tuesday evening, the President of Italy's Liguria region Giovanni Toti said the area had seen 'the first real use of coronavirus cured,' a 79-year-old man who was treated with remdisivir. He is due to return to his home in Lombardy soon.

Bruce Aylward of the World Health Organisation said last month: "There's only one drug right now that we think may have real efficacy. And that's remdisivir."

It goes on. You can see it on the Snap.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Say whut?
                  I am pleased it was not just me that did not understand it....

Comment

Coronavirus: Knottingley food bank closes after raid - BBC News

these scumbags should be double tapped FFS.

feckin yorkshire.

sh1thole full of sh1t.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Coronavirus: Knottingley food bank closes after raid - BBC News

these scumbags should be double tapped FFS.

feckin yorkshire.

sh1thole full of sh1t.
                      That makes my blood boil. Double tap is too good for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X