• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The more cases get reported, the lower the death rate is. When Switzerland announced a further 300 cases on Sunday, the death rate immediately dropped from 1% to 0.6%. I for one was relieved. We just need more people to be infected for the death rate to drop even lower.
    ??

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Whinger

Probably because people like me have 200 ffp3
      Masks for commuting in London

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      FFP3 is a dust mask specification. It won't stop bacteria.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
        FFP3 is a dust mask specification. It won't stop bacteria.

Sorry.
        The Covid-19 bacteria is horrible I can tell you.

Comment

Breath in through your nose. Out through your mouth. And don't move your lips when you are reading a red top.

Let natures modifications over the millenia to your immune system do it's bit.

Can't help thinking all this cleaning everything with disinfectant sprays and not letting kids eat worms hasn't done any good at all.

I mean, I'm 63. All I've ever had go wrong with me is cancer. Other than that I'm as fit as a banjo with broken frets.

Comment

Thank goodness we have a thriving flexible workforce to see us through these uncertain times.

Oh, wait ....
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              What does eugenics have to do with survival of the fittest? One is an ideology, the other is a totally natural process of nature that every species (including us) has lived under.
              We don't live under survival of the fittest. Not since we invented universal health care.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                We don't live under survival of the fittest. Not since we invented universal health care.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

YouTube

Pierce Morgan - "because we've not been testing people who have symptoms, this is going to be the problem isn't it? Nobody knows if they've actually got [it.] someone who's got it."

When are people going to realise that the government actually wants this virus to spread in order to build this "herd immunity?" Only those with severe symptoms (as well as those who continue to show symptoms after the recommended isolation period) are able to call 111 and be tested. This is done in order to immediately protect those vulnerable (or with the worst reactions to the virus) while everyone else is used to spread it for the cause of creating this (hopeful/hoped for) herd immunity.
                  Last edited by AB1; 17 March 2020, 15:10.

Comment

They have stopped testing. Spent 1:30 getting through to 111 and their advice was to ring our GP.

Comment

YouTube (Up to 4:22)

Further evidence that the government is allowing, even encouraging, the spread of this Coronavirus, in order to work towards herd immunity. However subtly they are trying to go about it (possibly to avoid causing further panic).

It takes around six weeks for this virus to clear out of persons system. People only quarantining for 2 weeks will therefore still have the virus and after leaving quarantine, will spread it further. These (having not had severe reactions to the the virus), will apparently, be the guinea pigs used for the building of herd immunity while resources (e.g. testing kits and NHS staff etc.) are reserved for severe cases. Smart move if it works. Potentially catastrophic if it doesn't, as the WHO have suggested tests, tests, test, be carried out in order for each nation to know what it is they're dealing with. If this governments plan to build herd immunity fails, with this lack of testing, it would be left in a position of having no idea what it is dealing with.
                      Last edited by AB1; 17 March 2020, 15:21.

Comment

Working...
                      X