• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Difficult decisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    Judging from your mental health issues (or is it just attitude) on here you presumably don't have many pals up here in Scotland.

I'm glad to see that others at least have a modicum of sense.

If you're really such a dotard you can't believe the obvious facts emerging about the lack of 111 capacity for those with difficulty breathing then go call 111 yourself and see how many times your call is rejected, the call hangs up when you press '9' to prove you have a DTMF phone or, if all that is a success, hold for hours on end.

You're a moron and well known for that on this forum.
    Hi SAS

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Who should be denied treatment? Simply based on age?

Maybe they should save the ones that aren't over 20 stone, can solve a crossword puzzle or count up to 10 first?

At least that way we get something positive out of this?
      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2747746

The hospitals are doing what they always do - applying triage. People more likely to benefit from treatment are given priority over those less likely to. It may rankle, but that's the facts of life of all health services.

Hard decisions to make, and age will definitely come into it. So will weight or being a smoker or asthmatic. No certainties - all based on risk and doctors' best judgement.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dotard, 4th usage, 3rd for SAS.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Hi SAS
          Not me thought it was you TBH. Scottish and a moron.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Anyway, back to the thread.

I've been told how it's going down. Pretty brutal.

Comment

I think I'm a gonner if I have to get medical treatment.

I'm 43 (positive)
              Never smoked (positive)
              Not diabetic (positive)
              No other underlying conditions (positive)
              Female (positive since men tend to get it worse)

But I am fat (very fat). Currently VERY fat and over the cut off mentioned above. My own fault for spending too much time eating hotel food and being unable to exercise much due to an injury that gets worse every time I aggravate it.

So that it, according to some. Should not be treated if I need it because I'm fat.

Comment

Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post

I'm 43 (positive)
                Never smoked (positive)
                Not diabetic (positive)

But I am fat (very fat). Currently VERY fat and over the cut off mentioned above. My own fault for spending too much time eating hotel food and being unable to exercise much due to an injury that gets worse every time I aggravate it.

So that it, according to some. Should not be treated if I need it because I'm fat.
                Start losing the weight NOW
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Start losing the weight NOW
                  Indeed, if there were ever a time to do it. Being overweight does seem to be highly correlated with the need for ICU treatment. It’s presumably the cross-correlation with comorbidities, but maybe breathing mechanics too. Do you have high blood pressure, MM?

Comment

I'm 43 (positive)
                    Never smoked (positive)
                    Not diabetic (positive)

No of course you should be treated. But if there's one ventilator and you need it and a woman with the same profile as you but who is not so overweight - she'll get it, you won't.

Same as with me. Someone with the same overall profile as me but doesn't suffer from high blood pressure gets priority. Hopefully, it'll not get down to one ventilator and the two of us... or the triage nurse takes bribes...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm 43 (positive)
                      Never smoked (positive)
                      Not diabetic (positive)

Just buy a private hospital bed when it comes to it, private hospital will soon chuck out a dying 18 year old skinny person when faced with getting paid a handsome reward

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X