• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronovirus - Do You Think Your Government is Doing a Good Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I was discussing the number of tests.

With regards to your original question of "Do you think your government is doing a good job?" my answer is "Yes, I do!".
    Ah, I see you are totally correct about a lack of answer there.

We will agree to disagree on the 2nd point, but I guess you will have already guessed that.

I see both of these things are intrinsically linked, however.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Until MF puts £10k on a victory - then they will be doomed.....
      I use Scooter's charts for my predictions, they've never been correct yet!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Ah, I see you are totally correct about a lack of answer there.

We will agree to disagree on the 2nd point, but I guess you will have already guessed that.

I see both of these things are intrinsically linked, however.
        What would you rather the government did instead?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Instead of a clap of honour, people stand outside and burn this rag which has supported the Tories during their austerity drive causing the cutbacks to the NHS and other areas resulting in the shambles that is currently happening?

If NLyUK visits hospital, many NHS workers will get clap.

Comment

What would you rather the government did instead?
            Stand up and take one for the team....

Oh wait.... they already have
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              I use Scooter's charts for my predictions, they've never been correct yet!
              He's wasted here, he should have applied for one of Cummings misfits and weirdos jobs....
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Stand up and take one for the team....

Oh wait.... they already have
                Ah yes. While browsing elsewhere I saw the gist of your posts. The economic damage is not worth the government response? Is that fair?

The NHS was at breaking point before the crisis. Prior to your return, there were a few threads about this very subject and the worth of a human.

Maybe ANYONE who needs intensive care should be left to die(with as much painkillers as necessary)? And certain sections of the population should be sterilized? I appreciate I have gone to extremes there. But as soon as you go down that path, the question is where you stop.

Personally I find life thoroughly miserable and can't wait for it to be over. The majority of people don't feel like that and will do anything to hang onto life.

Equally though, the current economic damage isvery vey bad. There are no easy answers.

As Ziggy says, the government is broadly right and we have to suck it up.....

Comment

He's wasted here, he should have applied for one of Cummings misfits and weirdos jobs....
                  And invested all this year's tax receipts into bitcoin?

Comment

As Ziggy says, the government is broadly right and we have to suck it up.....
                    The right-wing press agree but then you wouldn't expect anything else from those toadies.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      The right-wing press agree but then you wouldn't expect anything else from those toadies.
                      And what would you do different?

Comment

Working...
                      X