• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm sorry if my statement offended anyone". Standard politician speak. Never apologise for what you did. Never take responsibility.

Why would you expect anything more?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      "I'm sorry if my statement offended anyone". Standard politician speak. Never apologise for what you did. Never take responsibility.

Why would you expect anything more?
      I am just waiting for a mod to say sorry if the infraction points offended anyone....

Comment

It's a question whether a person got short or long term view
        How can leaders just have long term views when nobody can know for sure what tomorrow's problems will be? They have issues they need to deal with day to day. Politicians with "Long term views" are usually just unrealistic idealists.

So let's say our leaders were better prepared for this pandemic. They could have invested billions in spare capacity in hospitals, funding production of ventilators, medical equipment etc, training a surplus of doctors and nurses. Where would that money have come from unless by a reduction in other spending, incentive destroying taxation etc? All money wasted if the pandemic had never happened. Should we be investing money to deal with the next major asteroid strike? Or the Yellowstone Park super volcano eruption maybe.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Nah, Yogi Bear will deal with that last one.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            How can leaders just have long term views when nobody can know for sure what tomorrow's problems will be?
            Perhaps start with a government that does not make 'short term' promises for votes, which serves no man or beast.

Perhaps scrap the 17th century FPTP system and introduce a democracy fit for the 21st century.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Politicians with "Long term views" are usually just unrealistic idealists..
              That may well be the case for UK polities yet many EU leaders plan for the long haul, Germany, the EU parliament - everything which members of UK parliament despise.

Perhaps the problem is not a point of view looking for change. Divide & conquer is been the UK way since the dark ages, I don't see that changing this millennia.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I am just waiting for a mod to say sorry if the infraction points offended anyone....
                To anyone who was offended by an infraction or a ban handed out by me. I'm sorry if you were offended or upset - I'm also sorry that you are a moron, a vicious xenophobe, a gammon faced misogynist, dull, trolling and/or refused to accept my authoritah.

That do you?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Perhaps scrap the 17th century FPTP system.
                  Actually agree with you on that one.

Maybe cut bits from the least popular politician in each party and stitch them together to ensure that proportionality was exact to the last vote.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Actually agree with you on that one.

Maybe cut bits from the least popular politician in each party and stitch them together to ensure that proportionality was exact to the last vote.

With a coalition individual party interests are harder to come to the surface and become law. Common interests serving more of the population become increasingly likely with a coalition.

Was it not the Tory government got rid of the deputy PM? I forget. Now more than ever is when the government needs a voice, instead we have a vacuum. It's a bit like one canceling their insurance, what's this payment for? I never use it...

Comment

Working...
                      X