• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man ejects himself from fighter jet...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Some years ago there was a CUK user called "threaded" whose boastful exploits were legend, and one was a claim to have flown a jet to Italy or somewhere with a bowl of spag bol balanced on his lap.

As I recall, he was based in Amsterdam and a keen cyclist. He often claimed car drivers were out to get him, and he may have since been in a bicycle accident.
    I remember Threaded well. He lived in Denmark with an imaginary supermodel and an imaginary Lamborghini. That photo of him forced into a tight Dutch football shirt is something I can never un-see. That might have been on the previous version of the board though.
    His 'contractor lifestyle' posts were the stuff of legend. I don't remember the jet story, but it sounds about right.
    Thanks for that little trip down memory lane.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

As mentioned above, it wasn't Threaded.

Here's a post from 2009 about the scammer:

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Our most recent Pilot is in the clink now - you'll have to wait a while to ask him.
      Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Get your voting fingers at the ready.
      Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Forgive me if this has already been covered, but is this the same Walter Mitty character we had here a while ago? Just saw it in the Metro:
      Page not found | Metro UK
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2020, 09:59.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        As mentioned above, it wasn't Threaded.

Here's a post from 2009 about the scammer:
        Pity, it sounds just like Threaded . Thanks for the info.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X