• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake News: NZ Bunkers: You know this is bad when

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake News: NZ Bunkers: You know this is bad when

The wealthy are hiding inside shipping containers deep underground in NZ...

Coronavirus: America'''s wealthy flee Covid-19 epicentre for their New Zealand bunkers | Stuff.co.nz

Rats and ships....

“ Rich Americans are reportedly fleeing to their bunkers deep beneath New Zealand to avoid the coronavirus outbreak.”

Comment

They're quaking in their boots.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So a company that sells bunkers claims one wealthy American has been living in one, though providing no evidence for that claim. New Zealand’s borders are currently closed and have been since March 19th, so even if that individual got there early, there aren’t any others going there now. And the bunkers the company claims to have built have not, in fact, been built, according to local authorities who pointed out that the required permission to construct them hasn’t been granted and the necessary infrastructure to support them doesn’t exist in the places the bunkers are supposed to be

I remember seeing this story thoroughly debunked about a month ago. But I suppose journalists have to get clicks somehow, and recycling bulltulip from a few weeks back is as good a way as any.

And it turns out there's a documentary made a year ago, long before SARS-CoV-2, questioning this company’s claims: Anna Murray: Inside the Hunt for the Bunker People documentary - NZ Herald

Comment

Shame it takes nearly a day to fly there!!

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
            Only way to be sure is move in there and live he rest 0f life in them bunkers waiting for imminent 4 minute warning

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Only way to be sure is move in there and live he rest 0f life in them bunkers waiting for imminent 4 minute warning
              I can think of a few celebs who could go live in a bunker never to be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                How long by submarine?

Comment

PHOTOS: Waiheke, New Zealand, where the elite ride out the pandemic - Business Insider

Comment

Working...
                  X